HOLY GOD! Just beat Expert finale after 45(!) gut-wrenching turns!

So yeah, my team got decimated. I was boxed in. The map generation was completely not in my favor. But for some reason, I said let's just play along, and God damn I somehow (and I really mean it, "somehow") managed to beat the level with just the two special elite agents alive!

Since turn 15 or 20, I was just playing a game of hide-and-seek against an ever increasing enemy force. There were times when I could see 15 guards at once. I even thought I lost it by shooting a wrong guard, but turns out this "mistake" was what aided my improbable escape.

I managed to take a screenshot at turn 34...it was 11 more turns before I reached the terminal. Damn, that was an intense 2-3 hour session. Got my heart beating real fast. Still not a fan of the uber-randomness of the game (I believe in "hand-crafted level designs") but beating Expert was memorable, and the game is massively addicting.

I've logged 27 hours on Steam. About 4 hours spent beating Beginner, then it was Expert all the way. This was perhaps my 12th or 15th try. On my third try, I actually was super close to winning before I made an error, and curiously the Expert finale then was much easier than what I faced today. Is the strength of the enemy by any chance dependent on the strength of your team?

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/717542930205172294/EFAF61DA81EEC93268952DFAEE73F6B1B6F39A89/

congratulations! it feels soo good when you pull something like that off. my final missions where all kind of boring in comparison, but I had some exciting regular missions. keep up the good work operator. Expert Plus difficulty is waiting.

Expert plus is really MUCH harder than expert. Not being able to see the vision cones of the guards and camera's make every move INCREDIBLY dependent on luck.I mean, you HAVE to open doors and give your position away.

Personally, I find expert plus mode too much of a crap shoot to really enjoy, But then again, I'm more of a casual level gamer.

the hidden vision cones aren't that big of a problem. it cost you an AP here and there and makes you preceed more careful. the real kicker is the alarm increase each time you knock out a guard. that is unless you EMP their heartmonitor first ;-).

Nice work, agent!

It makes me wonder, though: where in the world are all these elite enforcers coming from? It can't be possible to recruit and train such specialized personnel within seconds of needing more. Do the megacorps keep dozens of them locked up in a secret barracks on every level? No wonder they're so unfriendly.

Archived