Comunicate with player without game client

Hi all,

Sorry for my english i wrote form France.

I run a dedicated server actually in test. I searched in the forum and i don't find any anwser about this.

During my test I need to shutdown or regenerate the world, but sometimes i have some players connected in the server. I don't want to kick them without a annoucement.

What is the commande to talk whith player form the server console ? Or what is the commande to make a countdown for players ?

Thanks

Colmaris

• Developer

-- French below --

Hi @Colmaris,

As @GuilhermeT said, you can use the c_announce("text")  command. If you want to run it without connecting to your server, you can start your dedicated server with -console  argument :

dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.exe -consoleORdontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console

Then you'll be able to run the command in the terminal of the dedicated server.

Tell me if you have another question related to this :-)

-- French --

Salut @Colmaris,

Comme l'a dit @GuilhermeT, tu peux utiliser la commande c_announce("text") pour envoyer une annonce. Afin de pouvoir l'utiliser sans se connecter au serveur, tu dois lancer le serveur avec l'option -console(voir ci-dessus). Ca te permettra de taper la commande directement dans le terminal du serveur.

Dis-moi si tu as d'autres questions la dessus :-)

Diabu

Archived