Auto-kick inactive ghosts

Like in many other games, there should be a server-feature to automatically kick players after a set amount of time of inactivity (no moving, interacting with stuff, chatting, ...).

It would help freeing up slots for new players to join, and in regards to spooky ghosts, help prevent easy griefing from people, who die and go afk while staying ingame as a ghost to drain everyone's sanity in survival games.

The inactivity-kick can just be used for ghosts, since I don't think players still alive will want to idle too much anyway. The inactivity period would be debatable, but I'd say, something between 1 or 2 days is reasonable.

PS: Still waiting for that vote-kick feature!

Like in many other games, there should be a server-feature to automatically kick players after a set amount of time of inactivity (no moving, interacting with stuff, chatting, ...).

It would help freeing up slots for new players to join, and in regards to spooky ghosts, help prevent easy griefing from people, who die and go afk while staying ingame as a ghost to drain everyone's sanity in survival games.

The inactivity-kick can just be used for ghosts, since I don't think players still alive will want to idle too much anyway. The inactivity period would be debatable, but I'd say, something between 1 or 2 days is reasonable.

PS: Still waiting for that vote-kick feature!

There is already a dedicated server feature for setting an autokick timer for idling.

(Not sure about autokick for game hosted servers... just get a dedicated one.)

There is already a vote-kick feature. However, it is not active if an admin or owner is on the server. Since game hosted servers HAVE to have the owner on it for it to run, vote-kick is impossible. Just kick people that are idling.

I've never seen a kick option apart from when I hosted my own game. I've been playing a lot on Klei's dedicated servers, but even after encountering lots of idling ghosters, none were ever auto-kicked by idling too long.

.If those features are already available, I don't know why Klei wouldn't run them on their own servers.

Archived