[General] - "No Giants Here" preset not working

lankyhamster

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Issue Title: "No Giants Here" preset not working

Issue Description: I started a game with the "No Giants Here" preset selected, and I still see the Reign of Giants biomes, creatures, and plants.

This post in the Reign of Giants update thread indicates that I shouldn't:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/52989-dont-starve-together-now-with-reign-of-giants-updated/page-5#entry631033

"And here's what WON'T change in your game:

Spring and Summer (from Reign of Giants) will not be present. Your game will continue with only Autumn and Winter.

Desert and Deciduous Forest (from Reign of Giants) will not be present.

None of the creatures or plants found in the above biomes will be present."

Steps to Reproduce: I'm playing the game through Steam on OSX. The issue is readily apparent upon starting a game with the "No Giants Here" preset selected.

This is still the case, although I can provide a bit more specifics.

It looks like all of the normal worldgen customization parameters do load and get used (everything you can set normally). However, it's NOT using the task settings from the SURVIVAL_TOGETHER_CLASSIC preset like it should be, it's still using the tasks from SURVIVAL_TOGETHER, which causes there to be birchnut and desert biomes. The normal RoG inhabitants of those biomes do not show up (if they had a normal world customization setting), though.

It looks like this is part of a larger problem, which affects other presets, including mod presets.

Archived