[Sound] - Issue with scrollbar clicking sound.

BrickVoid

Bug Submission:

Category: Sound

Issue Title: Issue with scrollbar clicking sound.

Issue Description: In any DST menu/requester/options dialog that contains a scrollbar, using the scrollwheel generates a constant click-click-click sound sound whenever I scrollwheel up/down.

Is this really necessary? I hate games where they subject you to constant repetitive noises like this, could Klei Entertainment at least add an option to turn OFF noisy scrolling sounds?

My Windows installation has never bombarded me with scrolling noises whenever I use the scrollbars, and I don't see why DST should be any different.

Designing a GUI for a game is one thing, assaulting my ears with it is a whole other thing, that I do not like!

Steps to Reproduce: Go to any menu/requester/options dialog with a scrollbar in it, and scrollwheel up/down with the mouse. The clicking noise repeats faster than it does with keyboard arrows which makes it really noisy, and very unappealing.

Um this sounds more like this should be in the suggestion forum more than a bug report. o3o

I reported it as a bug because suggestions are for game features or improvements, this is just poor interface design, and therefore is an issue I have with the performance of the game.  The clicking noise is really annoying and if I have to do this every time I go to browse multiplayer servers, for instance, I might annoy other residents within the block of units I'm living in with it and it then really becomes an issue because others are affected by a game I'm playing.  Perhaps you don't care about feelings of other residents, but I sure do!  I don't like creating noise pollution, anyway!

That being said, Klei Entertainment can reclassify it as whatever they feel it fits into best.  I don't mind if a developer reclassifies this report because they use a classification system that's different to the way I think concerning bugs or issues with the game.

There is also no way to flag something as an actual issue, this really is not a feature suggestion so I don't even know why I'd suggest it as something it's really not.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

I might annoy other residents within the block of units I'm living in with it and it then really becomes an issue because others are affected by a game I'm playing.  Perhaps you don't care about feelings of other residents, but I sure do!  I don't like creating noise pollution, anyway!
Well that's what headphones are for. :p 

There is also no way to flag something as an actual issue, this really is not a feature suggestion so I don't even know why I'd suggest it as something it's really not.
And alright if you consider this to be here then go ahead I was just trying to be helpful and informative. :c

Archived