I was recently hopping around the interesting code at scripts / client / strings, and I found a rather inriguing augment.

DMS = "Dead Man's Switch",                  DMS_TIP = "Activates when host dies.", --what does this do?                  DMS_FLAVOR = "Killing the host triggers the switch, but for what purpose?",

I have absolutely no idea what this does. Do you?

I noticed this at one point when I was trying to modify some strings in the past, I haven't found any information that would indicate that it exists in the code (it doesn't appear to be an item or augment that exists in the game and I haven't found any code to indicate functionality).

Since nothing appears to be present in the code that I have found so far (I might be missing it since there are files that I haven't thumbed through yet) which might indicate that it used to belong to something during early access (might have been something to do with the temporary final mission where you had to transport a courier/hostage who would die in a set amount of turn).

If anybody does happen to find references or traces of the Dead Man's Switch in the code, I would love to hear about it.

I tried it at some point of Early Access and had an pretty intriguing conversation with Gladstone.

Looks like it erased now (at least to not create not-needed questions for translators).

Either it will be done some day, either not.

But I had backup of august build and will look it now.

upd: no, looks like it was added later, so it's not a pre-alpha thing, it something that was WIP at latter stages, so maybe it come back some day. I can't remember for sure, but

it was something about revealed coordinates of something, when unit with dms die

But you know, that EA ideas, now it's could be like coordinates of island with Tesla Biome.

Where R4ttlsnke plays poker with Wortox and Peddler

it was something about revealed coordinates of something, when unit with dms die

But you know, that EA ideas, now it's could be like coordinates of island with Tesla Biome.

Where R4ttlsnke plays poker with Wortox and Peddler

Klei, please at this.

And Shirsh, a cookie for your great idea

Archived