Can't run multiple servers on 1 linux VPC

I'm trying to get a second server setup on my linux VPC, but unfortunately it keeps spitting out this error:

Setting up socket descriptors
Unknown bind__() error -1.
Unknown bind__() error -1.
[Error] Server failed to start!
Unhandled exception during server startup: RakNet UDP startup failed: SOCKET_PORT_ALREADY_IN_USE (5)
PushNetworkDisconnectEvent With Reason: "ID_DST_INITIALIZATION_FAILED", reset: false
Details: SOCKET_PORT_ALREADY_IN_USE

I've already changed the server port and it hasn't had an effect.

I followed the steps in the wiki and passed in the command "-conf_dir <NewDirectoryName>" but I still get the same issue. This issue only goes away if I stop the other server :/.

Log file is in attachment, any help would be greatly appreciated.

log.txt

Hi @vikeyev,

you have change port in command line for your all servers right? example: -port 20080

for "config_dir", try to make:

-config_dir  configs/server1

-config_dir  configs/server2

-config_dir  configs/server3

that's make: /home/youruser/.klei/configs/server1

same for server2 and server3

Also you can install docker.io and use my helper script to run several game server in different docker container.

briefly (in debian, ubuntu or derivates):

• install dependencies via sudo apt-get install docker.io debootstrap
  • Download and unzip, or clone code from github
  • Create some subfolders in servers directory and put essential files (settings.ini for example) in them
  • Run ./make-baseimage.sh
  • Run ./build-dstserver.sh
  • Run ./dst.sh create foldername and ./dst.sh start foldername for every subfolder you created.

Hi @vikeyev,

you have change port in command line for your all servers right?

same for server2 and server3

Also you can install docker.io and use my helper script to run several game server in different docker container.

briefly (in debian, ubuntu or derivates):

Sorry guys, I've been on holidays and haven't had a chance to check this thread. Unfortunately I'm moving out of my house atm so won't have much time to try your suggestions until we are done, but I'll see if I can get some spare time late tonight or maybe early, early, tomorrow morning.

Archived