[Crash] - Savegame is gone and Steam creates a dump file

Bug Submission:

Category: Crash
Platform: PC
Issue Title: Savegame is gone and Steam creates a dump file
Issue Description: My savegame doesn't show up anymore when I start the game. All 4 slots state "Start new game". I have only played in slot 1.

Also, Steam created dump files. I attached them in a 7z file (renamed the extention to lua because of a stupid upload limitation where .7z files aren't allowed).
Steps to Reproduce: Start the game with my savegame. It won't show up.

Steam dumps.7z.lua

savegame.lua

This appears to be the same bug as this one: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/54606-general-savegame-corrupted/?p=642547

Maybe a crazy thought : is this behaviour intentional? After you win/lose/retire a team, you don't really have any use any more for the save game. You'll have to start a new campaign anyway. Maybe after you're done InvisibleInc simply sees the savegame can't continue any more and makes you start a new game?

• Developer

After you win or lose the campaign, that's correct, that save slot is emptied because that campaign is over.

The crash is a valid bug, but if it occurred after you lost or won the game, the fact that your save slot was emptied is intended behaviour.  If *other* save slots were emptied, then that is a bug.  It sounds like you only had the 1 slot though.

So you are saying the Steam dumps are happening at the same time, but the savegame would have been gone anyway so I don't have any negative impact?

I noticed that (thankfully!) my unlocked characters stayed unlocked even though I couldn't continue with my savegame. Are they saved somewhere else?

• Developer

If you crashed only after reaching Game Over (your agents were disabled without reaching the exit), then yes your save slot would have been removed anyway.  Similarly, if you complete the Campaign, your save slot is removed.

Your unlocks are indeed stored in your save-game file, but are not associated with any particular save slot which is why that progress was maintained.

Archived