Augment/Item strategies for each agent

I was wondering what items/augments that you try to abstainer for the different agents.

Personalty, I give characters like International, Dr Xu, Monst3r, sharp and prism things like EMP, Biogenic D.A.R.T Guns, Portable servers, lock decoders and other items that support the team/deal with armor using AP darts/Shock traps. They also tend to carry med-gel (just in case someone gets shot). For augments i tend to give them net downlink, torque injectors, distributed possessing or MicroSLAM apparatus.

Characters like Shalem and Decker get guns with good armor perceiving/clip size and they also get stims and other things that help with bringing enemies down for good and things like cloak so they can't ever be killed. They tend to get Anatomy analysis, Piercing scanner, Subdermal cloak or holocircuit overloaders.

For Banks and Central i give them ways to KO or kill guards. They also get ways to get LOTS of pwr with Accelerators and to bypass firewalls with buster chips. They also get Hologram projectors, Paralyzers, and Tag pistols. For augments they get Net downlink, Torque injectors, Piercing/Penetration scanner or Predictive Brawling.

Unlike the others, Nika is used for KO'ing all guards she need to deal with. So she gets any Volt Disrupter she can find (if it is ll or lll) and she is always given 1-3 flurry guns, 1-2 lll stims and anything else that she could use. I always give her predictive brawling (for +9 mp per attack(and she normally can get +18 mp per turn but with stims...she could possibly travel over the whole map). she also gets Net Downlink, Torque injectors or Penetration scanner.

But that's just what i think. And im curious about what everyone else does with each character.

I'll specifically break down how I augment Shalem 11, and why I do that. For the most part, I usually augment Shalem 11 as being a character I pick from the start of the game, so that he starts with Desert Wind. For him, I make sure I get him loaded up with Piercing Scanning to boost his Armor Piercing to +3, which lets him kill even OMNICorp Soldier guards when needed, as well as providing him with Anatomy Analysis to prevent alarm increases on everything except OMNICorp Harbinger guards. Finally, last slot I usually stick with Torque Injectors. To be honest, any agent will greatly benefit from Torque Injectors. Having Cooldowns lowered by 1 is nothing to scoff at.

Net downlink is my little ace in the hole. It provides 2 AP for device hacked, 6 AP total per turn. This & data blast synergize very well. This game is a bit of a sandbox though, you can turn each agent into a glass cannon or all around fighting machine. The only real difference between each character is its starting augment & items.

I think there's a big difference between story and endless mode here. in story mode you don't have time to deck everyone out and getting an optimal setup is dependent on luck. on endless as long as you get enough stuff to keep up with the escalating security you can eventually get all agents decked out as you like. I'll mostly focus on Endless mode here.

Sharp:

2x Penetration Scanner, Predictive Brawling, Torque Injector, Titanium Rods

give him 2 Neural Disruptor II. this give him 1 attack every round or 2 attacks with a Stim III. the attacks will have 3 armor penetration and +4 KO time.

Banks/Internationale/any scouting non combat character:

Holocircuit Overloader, Chameleon Movement

AoE stun, ignoring armor, when you cloak. Extra movement on cloak so you can retreat you continue to move forward.

The forth can be anything. the augment which triggers cloak when you use a stim would have some synergy but I find the 5 PWR to not be worth it. Torque Injector and Corbon Myomer are both good options ihmo.

Archived