[Gameplay] - Guard shot twice by overwatching agents

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay
Platform: PC
Issue Title: Guard shot twice by overwatching agents
Issue Description: During a K&O Nanofab Vestibule mission, at one point I had two agents overwatching with their non-lethal pistols (Monst3r's unique gun and a Biogenic DART). The idea was that only one agent would fire on the single expected target, similar to how a dual ambush works with disruptors.

The expected heavy security guard opened a door to the room during the enemy turn and here's the exact chain of events:

1) Decker, farther away from the guard, fires his Biogenic DART. Guard drops, knocked out.
2) Unrelatedly, another guard investigates elsewhere in the level, several rooms away.
3) Monst3r, closer to the previous guard, fires his unique gun. Guard drops, knocked out. Notice the animation repeating, as if the target hadn't been KO previously.

No savegame available, unfortunately.
Steps to Reproduce: Put two (or more?) agents on ranged overwatch with weapons so that they'd both spot the same moving guard at the same time. Whether lethal guns would reproduce this glitch is uncertain.

• Developer

I haven't been able to reproduce this effect. In all my tests so far, only one of the agents shoots the guard.

Looking for some more info that might have set up the right situation.

The heavy security guard had been knocked out right behind the (then closed) door he'd come through when the agents fired on overwatch.

It was the left-hand side door of the primary nanofab room. Monst3r was in front of the nanofab, flanked by the door in question, while Decker was taking cover in the middle of the low height objects which form a sort of path between the nanofab and the bottom door.

I experienced a bug that may be related (heavy security guard and more than one agent ready with guns).

On a K&O vault mission there was a heavy security guard having 'Heavy armor 2' and 'KO resistant 1'.

1. I placed 2 agents with biogenic dart guns on opposite sides of a door, both in ambush mode.

2. I opened the door so the guard would come investigate.

3. The guard comes through the door and gets shot by 1 agent.

4. The guard goes down, and then immediately stands back up!

5. The guard sees the agent that did NOT shoot him and takes aim at that agent.

6. The aimed-at agent then shoots with her dart gun at the guard.

7. I hear the 'pitjoe' sound of the gun and the grunt sound of the guard.

8. The guard still stands there, he doesn't go down. But, he doesn't shoot my agent either.

Luckily, I had a third agent that shot him with a dart gun. He did go down that time and I could pin and inject him.

Something funky seems to happen when multiple agents are in ambush with ranged weapons.

Archived