Linux E_EXPIRED_TOKEN hell :'(

So, I followed the instructions over at the Don't Starve Wiki to get the don't starve dedicated server running on my Ubuntu VPS. Unfortunately, I've been stuck on this error all day:
"[200] Account Failed (6): "E_EXPIRED_TOKEN" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! Your Server Will Not Start !!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The wiki just states = "If the GSA gets the error Account Failed (6): "E_EXPIRED_TOKEN" they will want to verify that they saved the settings.ini file with the server token after they closed the game client, or their changes will get overwritten. Also, make sure that there are no extra characters at the end of the file, even invisible ones."

There are no characters at the end and both files have always been saved in the same directories.

I've gone through both This thread and this thread and tried every suggestion.

I tried putting the server_token.txt and and the settings.ini directly in the ~/.klei directory, I tried -conf_dir, I put the server token in settings.ini, all recieve the same error. I tried a config directory, received E_INVALID_TOKEN.

I'm seriously at a loss here, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @vikeyev,

try to take your token with my old post:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/51872-server-tokentxt-anyone-can-help/?p=620551

verify that you have no space before and after when you copy your token in server_token.txt

your server_token.txt is here?  .klei/DoNotStarveTogether/server_token.txt

Thanks so much, I found the problem. I have 6 tokens in my list O.O and only 1 works. Unfortunately the token from my actual .klei folder was the wrong one for some reason. You sir, are a legend!

Archived