Hello all

Dont know if htis is a bug or im just missing some thing.

I wanted to test a few things so I made a copy of my save file in User/docments/klei/invisibleinc/saves

But if i delete the saved file there it just loads my old file up. I have even reinstalled the game and it still uses keeps my old file!!! even tho I am deleting it.

I dont know if the game is pulling the old save file from some were else?

is any one esle having this issue or dose the game save the game in diffrent loaction?

It may be due to the switch

CLOUDSAVES = true

I just found in settings.lua.

This is not mentioned in the in-game options.

Assuming you’re running OS X like me, with Find Any File I couldn't find any other relevant folders.

I wanted to test a few things so I made a copy of my save file in User/docments/klei/invisibleinc/saves

But if i delete the saved file there it just loads my old file up. I have even reinstalled the game and it still uses keeps my old file!!! even tho I am deleting it.

I dont know if the game is pulling the old save file from some were else?

Yeah, it's because cloud saves are enabled that you're unable to backup and restore your save files.

If you have a save file that you want to restore, what you have to do is this:

1) Go into your Steam Library, right-click Invisible, Inc., hit Properties, go to the Updates tab, and uncheck "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization".

2) Then, navigate to where the local copy of your cloud save file is located - should be under something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\numbersnumbers\steamIDofgame". Invisible, Inc.'s Steam ID number is 243970. In there, there should be a folder labeled "remote", and inside that folder should be the save file. Delete it/back it up/whatever you want to do, just remove it from the folder.

3) Now, go back into where the actual local save files are located - should be "C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\Klei\InvisibleInc\saves". Now, copy and paste (and probably replace) the save file into that folder.

Now, when you boot up the game, your old save file should be restored. Also, if you want to re-enable Steam Cloud with your old save file as the cloud copy, then all you need to do is save/exit the game after you've loaded up your old save, then check the "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization" box, then run the game, and it'll tell you that there's a conflict. Since you just saved and exited, you should select the "Upload my local copy to the Steam Cloud" option. And that's it! Hope this made sense and was somewhat helpful.

In OS X, the folder locations should be: 

~/Library/Application Support/Steam/userdata/

~/Documents/Klei/InvisibleInc/

~ = your home folder.

If you don’t see the Library folder, web-search how to make it visible/accessible. It’s meant to be a (very mild) security feature.

I unchecked "Enable steam cloud synchronization for Invisible Inc." and deleted the 243970, but steam is still backing up the save and making a new folder. 

It's times like these that I wish I have drm free versions of games.

I unchecked "Enable steam cloud synchronization for Invisible Inc." and deleted the 243970, but steam is still backing up the save and making a new folder.

It's times like these that I wish I have drm free versions of games.

Did you make sure to delete the save file INSIDE the "remote" folder that's inside the 243970 folder? Don't delete the folder, just the save.lua file inside it. Does that help?

No. Unfortunately steam is being persistent in backing up my saves. I did notice that even though I unchecked the box. It says that I have 207 kb stored/47 mb available. The number doesn't change when I delete the save.

Hmm...well, let's see if we can hash this out. You should be doing the following:

1) You have a previous save file that you want to revert to.

2) You uncheck "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization."

3) You delete your Steam Cloud save file, located in the 243970 > remote folder.

4) You take the save file you wish to revert to and copy that into the local save file directory, which is most probably in Documents > Klei.

5) You start the game, and your old save file should now be loadable.

Have you done all of these steps? If it's still not working if you've done all these steps in order, then I'm sorry but I'm at a loss.

Archived