[General] - Hacked cameras don't show vision

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Hacked cameras don't show vision

Issue Description: I hacked a camera and it didn't show vision. Luckily I caught it red-handed and reloading the save does not fix it. It's on my second save slot (time attack).

Steps to Reproduce: Load the save

Notice the hacked camera that doesn't show vision.

Same problem, I think, although in my case it gave me vision of the camera and one space in front of it, but not any further. Then when I went to check it out (Decker peeked through the door), it gave me "vision" of the correct area, in that it was properly lit, but I couldn't see enemies who were standing in the camera's line of sight and I couldn't Observe to predict their next movement unless I kept a character in range.

Decker can see:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/718666925762192310/8E41DE59459F957144DB7A505402F9AF36E989D3/

Decker moves away, camera can't see:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/718666925762192695/81CE2E42DAA42A37954700B1AB058C734D868A0B/

savegame.lua

I continued with the savefile I posted and encountered a few other weird things.

First of all, that shortsighted camera problem happened again, have a screenshot!

Vision seem screwed up in general in this run, since when I peek into an empty room then close the door, I retain my full room vision even though I should only see a part of it. Here's a screenshot of what I mean.

And finally, I've found three guards hanging out in a back room with only one exit. Those were the only guards in the level, and I found it odd (It's a K&O server farm). I take it that's not supposed to happen?

This is about my 8th run of the game, and it's the first time I've encountered these odd bits. Should I do something about it?

Thanks!

post-649564-0-76509300-1432001870_thumb.

post-649564-0-79705200-1432001871_thumb.

post-649564-0-63149400-1432001955_thumb.

Well my playthrough wall all kinds of odd... I had a stun grenade but couldn't throw it. There was no "throw" option when I clicked on it.

Sorry if I'm adding this unrelated bit, but all of these quirks, the limited camera vision, the full room vision through a closed door, the weird level generation that put all of its guards in a far off room and now the unusable grenade all showed up in this one playthrough, and I had never seen those happen before.

Again, I hope this helps somehow. Do you guys think I should maybe reinstall the game or something? I just verified the integrity of my game files and everything validated correctly.

Cheers.

I continued with the savefile I posted and encountered a few other weird things.

First of all, that shortsighted camera problem happened again, have a screenshot!

Vision seem screwed up in general in this run, since when I peek into an empty room then close the door, I retain my full room vision even though I should only see a part of it. Here's a screenshot of what I mean.

And finally, I've found three guards hanging out in a back room with only one exit. Those were the only guards in the level, and I found it odd (It's a K&O server farm). I take it that's not supposed to happen?

This is about my 8th run of the game, and it's the first time I've encountered these odd bits. Should I do something about it?

Thanks!

That's not a glitch. You've always been able to open a door, peak, then close the door and retain full vision. Pretty sure it's intentional, I think I saw a dev do that on a stream.

That's not a glitch. You've always been able to open a door, peak, then close the door and retain full vision. Pretty sure it's intentional, I think I saw a dev do that on a stream.

Hmmm... I went back and it seems you're right. I could have sworn though that my vision got reduced as soon as I closed the door after peeking. My bad then.

Archived