How to create a faster swinging axe?

I am making a mod, which contains some custom tools. One of those tools is going to be basically a mechanised axe. So, I would like to know if it is possible to make an axe that chops faster.

Do note that I want it to be chopping faster, rather than chopping harder. I know that you can add

inst.components.tool:SetAction(ACTIONS.CHOP,1.5)

to make it hit harder, and chop trees in less actions, but I want more actions per second, to help balance out the tool, as that would mean that it also wears down faster, while a harder hitting axe could chop more trees down in it's lifespan.

I found another post, which can increase attack speed, but that does not seem to affect the chopping speed in the slightest. 

Soopakoopa, on 30 Nov 2013 - 03:21 AM, said:snapback.png

Characters can have their minimum attack period modified, but is there any way at all

to change the attack period multiplier of a specific melee weapon?

local function onequip(inst, owner)
------

---------
    owner.components.combat.min_attack_period = (Whatever you want it to be. The higher the number, the slower the attack period.)
end

local function onunequip(inst,owner)
--------

-----------
    owner.components.combat.min_attack_period =  0.4

end

Above was by Mr.Tidles

How does Woodie do that? He chops faster than the others, and he chops quickly, with or without lucy

Then what you are looking for is in the Woodie's code right?, I'm interested in this ability too

@Rily, @grimmsdottir, check out SGwilson.lua starting at line 805.  Keep in mind that you will need to make custom animations if you want it to look natural.

I saw it, but it seems to be the one for Dont Starve alone. I am modding for Dont Starve Together. Any pointers for how I can do it for DST?

Also, I am quite confused and stumped at the hugeness and complexity of stategraphs. Could somebody explain about it? Or at least point me towards where I can read up about it?

Archived