Support for win xp cut from game?

So when i bought the game windows xp was supported... heck on forum it
is still listed in requirements: "What are Invisible, Inc.'s
recommended system requirements?
Operating System: Windows® XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
(latest service packs) with DX 9.0c".
I could play it just fine when i bought it in 2013. Now since game is
finished i wanted to start playing it and suddenly game is unplayable
and windows xp is not listed on steam gamepage.

What is Klei stance on it? Will it be patched in before oficial
premiere in 3 days or will you offer refunds?

Hey there, 

The system requirements you are speaking about come from our early Alpha, before the requirements were set in stone and before the game was on Steam. In this particular case, since XP is no longer being supported by microsoft, some of the backend technology used in Invisible Inc could not be made compatible in the long term. 

The current FAQ and all the system requirements since early beta have shown a requirement for Vista and above. 

Send us a ticket as http://support.kleientertainment.com and we can contact humble see what we can do about a refund, but it may be difficult considering the time that has passed since purchase.

I checked the email address you used on the forum, and I don't see a purchase. So please include the email address you used to purchase the game in the ticket. 

Thanks

I have Mark of the Ninja and I like it so I want to try out this Invisible Inc.

Fortunately, I checked the system requirement from Steam and later found out about this post.  This is bad.  I am not impressed by this businesss practice at all.

Anyway, it is better to stick with console games.

New games don't work on old consoles either.

The problem is that old PC games may not work on PC with a new windows.  However, an old console games will always work on an old console.

I installed win7 before but it failed to run Fallout 3 and quite a number of other games, so I reinstalled winXP.

Besides, a new console is cheaper than a new PC + a new windows and a new console won't come out as frequent as windows.......wins7, wins8, wins9, wins10.  Is there a wins9.....hmm, lost count.

Back to the original title of this post, well, I was actually thinking of getting either Divinity Original Sin or this Invisible Inc - both of them are turn base games and actually quite a number of recent turn base games support XP like Wasteland 2, Blackguards and Shadowrun.  Although, the recent XCOM does not support XP, the graphics of XCOM looks much better than Invisible Inc.

Now Invisible Inc. does not support XP but Divinity Original Sin does so my choice is settled.

Archived