Just beat the game on Expert.

After beating the game on Experienced with Decker and Internationale, I decided to try Expert with Shalem and Dr.Xu. Picked Fusion and Lockpick. Really like Shalem now. The main awesome thing about this playthrough was the amount of power regeneration I got.

I got Wrench 2 early on which is just amazing at saving power. I also got Emergency Drip which synergized quite nicely with Fusion. If I used Fusion and and brought myself below 3 power I would get 8 power thanks to them. More insanely I also got Distributed Processing. Xu was the guy that got his hacking leveled up and that was just even more awesome.

Every time I went down to low power I would just regenerate so much and thanks to Wrench and all the other things I mentioned I never had a single issue with power. Xu helped with saving power also thanks to his main ability.

I didn't think I'd make it through the final mission since I only had a level 2 Distrupter and Shalem was out of ammo (I had to leave Banks whom I had saved in a mission I screwed up) and also I didn't think just Wrench 2 and Lockpick 1.0 would be enough to punch through the Firewalls in the level but no it was absolutely fine. I did get lucky though because the guard spawn was super far away from the area I had to hack.

So yeah, basically this setup is really awesome and this game is a lot of fun. Gonna get started on my Endless run now and my Expert Plus story mode.

Yeah! Shalem is pretty good. I have to say though, they didn't change much with normal Shalem, but Archived Shalem got changed a lot more with the change of the Defib lance from a reviver to a buffer. But I'm glad to hear you beat Expert mode! I tried and failed my first time.

Yeah! Shalem is pretty good. I have to say though, they didn't change much with normal Shalem, but Archived Shalem got changed a lot more with the change of the Defib lance from a reviver to a buffer. But I'm glad to hear you beat Expert mode! I tried and failed my first time.

Yeah I got lucky with the guard spawn room though, it was on the other side of the map and thank god for that because there was no way I could have taken on all the guys that showed up. Monst3r just barely finished the hack and we ran out of there as they were making it to us. 

My first loss just occurred in Endless Mode due to Plastech being such dicks with those stupid modded guards that keep taking back devices on the mainframe...and also due to me not spotting one tile which had a door leading to my objective so I ended up staying there way too long and got screwed by an Elite Enforcer.

Wait, they changed the Defib lance? I totally ignored it when Monst3r offered it to me because I hated the old one.

I think the guard spawn is supposed to be far away on the last mission. It was for me, at least. I had basically no rush to finish, though, because they were so far away.

Archived