shut down bug

So when I play don't starve together, i try to access my mods, you know that button right under the "play" button, and as its loading it just suddenly shuts off. as if there was too much data coming in all at once and then shuts down. i tried to uninstall don't starve and pretty much everything about it down from klei entertainment, then re-installing it, but it does me no good. Then I deleted it again and this time I deleted steam all together and reinstalled everything. Just when it was about to get better it generally just gave me a tease and shut down again.

I'm not sure what to do now other than to make drastic measure i don't even want to do. Like resetting my entire computer.

• Developer

Hey @Vantaul, can you post your system specs and log.txt file. You log.txt file will be located at Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\log.txt.

Are you currently subscribed to any mods on the Steam Workshop?

Can you also try adding "skip_workshop_update=true" to the "[MISC]" section of your settings.ini file? If that fixes your issues, then it will help us narrow down the crash to something your the download process.

Thanks!

Hey @Vantaul, can you post your system specs and log.txt file. You log.txt file will be located at Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\log.txt.

Are you currently subscribed to any mods on the Steam Workshop?

Can you also try adding "skip_workshop_update=true" to the "[MISC]" section of your settings.ini file? If that fixes your issues, then it will help us narrow down the crash to something your the download process.

Thanks!

Gosh I left this so long ago, i'm sorry for the late reply! i actually figured it out a while ago, tho the crashes are now no longer a problem because of the recent update, I managed to figure it out because I simply subscribed to too many mods and the game couldn't handle that many at once. it's not an issue anymore but I appreciate your help :)