Disabling Spontaneous Combustion Not Working

When creating the current world I'm hosting I set to none the icon which shows a withered bush smoking. I assumed that would prevent plants and other things from spontaneously combusting. Either I misinterpreted the icon (goes back to the need for tooltips there), or its bugged. 

I've never thought random fires were fun or interesting in the slightest. To me it feels overly punishing and tedious to prevent. Its the one thing in the game I just cannot tolerate. I'll turn off summer entirely before I'll mess with that $#@%. When I see my camp go up in smoke despite precautions and for no logical reason I just wanna quit immediately.

Is this a bug?

Is there an addon or a console tweak to prevent unrealistic lame pyro shenanigans?

You may be confunding the summer smoldering (spontaneous combustion) with new fire's mechanism.

The way fire works now, as I mentioned before, was changed: Stuff, before burning, smolders for a bit instead.

This is a positive change though.

It may be a bugged smoldering, depending on the circumstances. If you didn't see anything that would have ignated other stuff, but there is still smoldering happening, it may not work properly.

Hmmm...I actually thought summer fires always started with smoldering. Interesting. However, the icon appears to indicate smoldering leading me to assume my camp would be safe from that nonsense if the setting was on "never". The fires definitely weren't from anything else.

I submitted a bug report about this very same issue, but have not received any kind of response back.

One poster said that icon actually indicated "Withering", but plants and things are still withering as well as smoldering and catching fire, so whatever that icon is supposed to represent, it's not doing anything.

It never worked IIRC. I just assumed it was another problem with the world customization never working properly.

Is there a workaround like I hinted at above? It seems like just the sort of thing that could be disabled in the console or with a simple addon...

Archived