Updating a dedicated server?

The Wikia article for dedicated servers leaves something to be desired when it comes to updating a dedicated server. I've tried to follow it as best, but it hasn't worked because I don't understand this part:

When you want to update your server reconnect to the screen session, do a c_save() to save your server, then do a c_shutdown. Once your server has shutdown it will return you to the command line.

How do I do a c_save() or a c_shutdown?

• Developer

Hello @jakobwells,

You need to be admin on your server: open the console, then switch to remote mode with CTRL. Now, all commands you will type will be executed on the server. This way, you will be able to save your game and shutdown the server gracefully.

DiabuI'm doing this wrong, aren't I? Is it the in-game console? I can't even see the server in the list to connect to it and run the commands.

Hello @jakobwells,

You need to be admin on your server: open the console, then switch to remote mode with CTRL. Now, all commands you will type will be executed on the server. This way, you will be able to save your game and shutdown the server gracefully.

Wait, I figured it out. It's important to not update my local client before I update the server, otherwise I can't connect to the server to give it the commands.

Hello @jakobwells,

Archived