Suggestion on giants

The idea of Bosses spawning in certain places seems cool, as well as the health buff. Not so much for the loot, the non-seasonal spawning and Dragonfly being reworked to a point where it seems unfinished. Though I believe there will be a lot of updating for this, I would like to make these suggestions, some of which also are what other people agreed with me:

Dragonfly:

Larvae or Lavae or whatever they're called; they seem like awesome mobs. I like how they are linked to the Dragonfly, however I still think that Dragonfly should be in rage mode even before all of its Larvae are killed (Going into rage mode right after being hit or when it's aggroed). And instead of Larvae being limited, they would be spat out by Dragonfly occasionally without limit (say like 1 - 2 after every time Dragonfly makes a stomping attack), like the Warg can summon hounds until it itself is dead. Dragonfly normally spits out lava or something to burn a certain thing and then suck the ashes, so to make up for it not doing so while in rage mode, it could occasionally spit out Larvae while aggroed on a something and then once it kills the player it's aggroed on, or just gives up the fight, the Larvae would go inside the Magma/Lava ponds, which could explain how those ponds formed in the first place and why the Dragonfly's base is there and like that. To keep the giants seasonal, which I believe a lot of people would agree with me, Dragonfly would only be present (would land down) during Summer, and it would come to its base and would stay present until the end or near end of Summer, at the end of which it would fly away, unless its aggroed by something at the last moment. The health buff I think is awesome for multiplayer, however the amount of health it has doesn't really match its size + armor amount, so may be it could be enlarged like x1.25 or something (in which case its range of impact and the amount of damage it deals would generally speaking need to be increased by x1.25) and its health to be reduced slightly (I would recommend that instead of having x10 health than in single player as 25700, it would have exactly 20625 health, which would be approximately x7.5 times the amount of health than normal). I think that upon being hit a few times, like Bearger, it would drop a something like Scale pieces or something, which could be crafted into scales and used for Scaled chest or Scalemail. For its loot, while I would agree that it would need more loot, I think that it should drop a few more Scales instead of gems and should drop the Scale pieces, which didn't get dropped. Say it would drop Scale piece every time it looses like 1500 health, but this would be from its loot, so its loot could consist of 8 meat, 3 scales, 12 scale pieces, but the amount of Scale pieces dropped would be depend if it gets killed with one shot somehow or if it got beaten gradually. And it would require 4 scale pieces to craft one Scale, meaning that you could craft up to 3 Scales after one Summer if you do not manage to kill the Dragonfly, but would still get some reward for your effort. Remember, that 3 scales without killing Dragonfly completely is the Maximum after the first Summer, so you could get 2 or Scale after that, or even not being able to craft a single one, but would be left with some Scale pieces to make up for that so that it would be better luck for you the next time. So, if you manage to kill a Dragonfly, in total you could get 6 Scales from that. Think that's too much? Consider that 6 so far is the maximum number of players allowed in one server. And if killing Dragonfly with its "nerfs" right now requires like 4 people for it to be easily done, then if the Dragonfly gets buffed in terms of its features and behavior like this, the 6 scales after beating it with generally speaking "buffs" would mean that 6 Scales is a legit amount and would benefit everyone after such hard boiled fight, or at least the most players who participated in the fight.

Goose:

Basing on what I've described for Dragonfly, I'll explain what I think should be for Goose (and yes, I call it Goose not Goose/Moose, because when you mix the word Goose and Moose, the word does come out as Goose anyway). Its spawn points (Goose nests) are multiple on the world, and based on what the Wiki says about more Mooses appearing in certain conditions, I'd agree for this being a thing. However, not only should Goose still spawn only in Spring, but if it has a nest somewhere, it should be in Swamp, not only because the Swamp is related to wetness the most, but also because based on the trailer you, Klei were the ones who made the thought happen by putting Goose to appear in Swamp biome in the RoG trailer. So, multiple nests not too far from each other in Swamp sounds legit, right? When it comes to Goose's features, its addition of Moslings is what maker her a good boss. But, now that we have multiplayer and Dragonfly, for example, while being a hardcore boss generally now has 'minions' too, but that doesn't make it hardcore; mainly its main features (right now in DST it might not be, but based on what I wrote about Dragonfly and/or what it's like in single player, yes). In order to make Goose a great boss giant on its own, I'd recommend that it could do a giant tornado attack (may be something like this; it uses its horns to hit the player 2 - 3 times, then "makes noise", then does the horn attack 2 - 3 times again and would then do the Tornado attack), like its moslings, else it looks as if it devolved upon growing into a Goose from a Mosling itslef. What would be even more cool is if it would become even more powerful if/when struck by lightning for a while, upon which its giant tornado attack would also give electric shocks to players, taking away more health from them and when hitting a player with normal attacks it would take away more health by electrocuting players, or any other mob, for that matter! Also, I would recommend that Goose would drop more Down feathers, and like I suggested for Dragonfly and which is already for Bearger, that Goose would loot some feathers upon losing some health (May be its loot could be 6 meat, 2 drumstick, 30 down feather (down feathers being dropped 1 every time her health is reduced by 2000). If the Goose is killed and there are 6 players, then each player would get 5 feathers to craft a Luxury Fan for themselves. Of course, because there are Moslings, which also drop Down feathers, those could be killed to loot 5 feathers each, giving the ability for each player to then craft a Weather pain for themselves. Of course, things could go differently, but this is a general example of why I'm suggesting this amount of Down feathers to be dropped by Goose and Moslings). I would recommend if its health is x10 as much (which would be 30000) instead of x7.5 like I recommended for Dragonfly and that's because Dragonflie's attacks are much more impacting. But likewise, Mosse's range of damage, amount of damage and its overall size would also be x1.25 (Her size is very important in this case, as right now Goose's egg looks like it's too big for even her to lay it, so if it has the size boost, she would look more fitting with the egg she lays in terms of the comparison). Slightly like Dragonfly, Goose would land down in its nest, or a Goose would land in one of the existing nests at the beginning of Spring and would fly away at the end of Spring, as well as its Moslings would fly off, however wouldn't do so if the season has ended, but they're aggroed on something or someone.

Bearger:

While I don't particularly have a good idea of what could be given to Bearger as a particular spawn point or a particular set piece, I would recommend that Bearger would spawn in the Decidous forest biome during the beginning of Autumn and would go away/despawn or whatever at the end of Autumn, of course unless its aggroed on something or someone. A simple suggestion as to what particular could be its spawn point, though this idea is quite simple and probably not good enough, could be a Giant burrow, from which Bearger would come out and to which it would return at the end of Autumn (despawn). Its attacks seem pretty strong, and since there's whole 3 or 4 of them and because Bearger is a boss giant of the easiest season, there's nothing for me to argue in terms of his attacks. In terms of his health, I would say that he does need the x10 health boost, so his health would be 30000. Just like for other giants, I'd recommend that his size, range of attack impact and the amount of damage he deals would all be x1.25. Bearger's loot could be 8 meat, 3 Thick fur, 12 Fur tufts. He would drop a Fur tuft every time his health is reduced by 2000, just like for Goose and it would require 4 Fur tufts to craft 1 Thick fur instead of 90 (which is insanely way too much in comparison to how much he drops and how often!).

Deerclops:

Generalizing Deerclops here with the other giants the way I described them, would mean that Deerclops should have like x15 health (25000. So far he's the most easiest giant actually. While he does deal the freezing effect, this can be easily avoided through kiting, whilst, say Dragonfly's fire effect cannot be. And if say Deerclops went in fight against Dragonfly, Dragonfly would most certainly win, as its heating would cancel out Deerclops' freeze effect (you can see this in komeny182's Dragonfly vs Deerclops arena match)), his size, impact range of damage and overall damage x1.25 and that he should spawn at the beginning of Winter in his set piece point/base, which would be in a Forest (according my opinion to the trailer still!) and he would despawn at the end of Winter, of course unless he's still aggroed. The biggest problem with Deerclops is the fact that he only has 1 eye and that him dropping multiple ones as reward would make no sense. However, each eye contains layers of lenses, so if Deerclops dropped a Deerclops eye lense each time he lost 2000 health (which would mean that the last lense would be dropped when he has lost 24000 out of 25000 health) or basically having to loot in total 12 Deerclops eye lenses and if crafting a Deerclops eye would require 4 Deerclops eye lenses and 1 meat, then that would beneft a lot more players. If his loot is 8 meat, 1 Deerclops eyeball and 12 Deerclops eye lenses, then the effort of killing him would result in 4 eyeballs, not matching the amount of what other giants give. He could drop more lenses, however I think it would be more interresting if he dropped x20 Bunny Puff after being killed and like 1 every time he loses 2000 health. Of course, Bunny Puff would then need to be renamed to something else, such as Puff, Furry Puff or whatever, but that's not too much of a big deal. And this loot being dropped would also make sense, as he does have white fur in his texture.

I myself of course love the fact that in single player there was a sound warning before giants came. I think those could still be used, so that if you're camping nearby in a close radius of a giant's base/spawn point, you would then hear the warning for a while, indicating that if you do not want to encounter that giant, you need to get out of there.

Ok, this is what I have thought of so far. What do you guys think of my ideas? Good bad? Could be improved? Would like something different completely? I would be glad to hear your opinions :)

Hmm... the Gmoose (I'll call it that... with a silent "G" like gnome... wee)

*inhales deeply*

*Thranduil*

Well, as one of my favorites, the Gmoose (and moreover "For the Glory of Spring" EFS) was always something I looked forward to in the Spring event. Putting into consideration your suggestions on this Giant and the wonderful power-up/ability for her to do a tornado attack herself, I have to disagree with its...  shall I say OP-ness.

As you have stated, that the fully grown Gmoose could have the ability to do the tornado attack that its offspring are able to do, I must point out that the sheer size of the Gmoose would prove too much for such a move...

As it is, the Gmoose's size more often than not is bigger than that of your monitor so having it do such a thing could prove laborious for some hardware if not for their eyes...

I do however wish to build on your suggestion regarding minions for the boss fights. In this regard, the mooselings would prove more of a challenge if they were to engage the players with their parent Gmoose at the same time...

^ I believe that having to battle a giant Gmoose wit it's weapon disabling cries along with a barrage of spinning mooselings that come at you like a scorn lover at the same time would give challengers a run for their money, or in this case their weapons...

I do however agree with you on the increase of loot that the Gmoose should drop and the Amount of HP it has though it would seem a bit too much if the 30,000 hp would be implemented when you have to battle with spinning tops of doom at the same time.

May I suggest 23,000 - 25,000 or a bit lower like 22,222 though I jest... :)

O__O

*exhales deeply*

Hmm... the Gmoose (I'll call it that... with a silent "G" like gnome... wee)

*inhales deeply*

*Thranduil*

Well, as one of my favorites, the Gmoose (and moreover "For the Glory of Spring" EFS) was always something I looked forward to in the Spring event. Putting into consideration your suggestions on this Giant and the wonderful power-up/ability for her to do a tornado attack herself, I have to disagree with its...  shall I say OP-ness.

As you have stated, that the fully grown Gmoose could have the ability to do the tornado attack that its offspring are able to do, I must point out that the sheer size of the Gmoose would prove too much for such a move...

As it is, the Gmoose's size more often than not is bigger than that of your monitor so having it do such a thing could prove laborious for some hardware if not for their eyes...

I do however wish to build on your suggestion regarding minions for the boss fights. In this regard, the mooselings would prove more of a challenge if they were to engage the players with their parent Gmoose at the same time...

^ I believe that having to battle a giant Gmoose wit it's weapon disabling cries along with a barrage of spinning mooselings that come at you like a scorn lover at the same time would give challengers a run for their money, or in this case their weapons...

I do however agree with you on the increase of loot that the Gmoose should drop and the Amount of HP it has though it would seem a bit too much if the 30,000 hp would be implemented when you have to battle with spinning tops of doom at the same time.

May I suggest 23,000 - 25,000 or a bit lower like 22,222 though I jest... :-)

O__O

*exhales deeply*

Hmm, may be the amount of health in my suggestions is too high... If you're saying that Gmoose could not do tornado attack just because of her size, then that is completely ridiculous; irl tornadoes are as big or even bigger than the Bigfoot in the game, so your point's disproven. It might make more sense if it takes more time for Gmoose to get into a tornado state, but it doesn't mean she could not do it. If dragonfly can do 3 fire ring stomps in about a second, then surely Gmoose could do a tornado attack!

Or what about the Goose only being able to do a tornado attack after she got struck by a lightning?

I thought about this too, however if she does do the tornado attack only when she's struck by lightning, then once she first lands, she'll probably still be very vulnerable, though I don't think players would want to attack her until she laid her egg, which could potentially give time for her to get struck by lightning. So overall, I'm slightly uncertain about this.

Archived