[General] - Ice melts in icebox

Enceos

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Issue Title: Ice melts in icebox

Issue Description: We mined some ice during autumn, when we put it in the fridge it had only third of its duration left. But it didn't stop melting after that and soon disappeared.

This behaviour was different in RoG testing version. The 21 April DST RoG has this bug.

Steps to Reproduce: Place ice in the fridge.

Since I cannot create a new post, I'll add that I am experiencing weird behavior of the Ice Flingomatics.

1. They do not stop smoldering objects (crafted or collected) from catching fire.

2. They continuously throw snowballs at objects/ground without them being smoldering. They just throw snowballs non-stop at the same items. (not at all the items in the range)

It is pretty disappointing to waste so much resources for a hell of a summer on some craftables that are doing nothing instead of noise and requiring fuel.

I already tried to turn them on and off, restart the server, restart the game. I did not find any other posts talking about this so, I do not know if this is a problem just for me or others encountered it too.

Any suggestions for a quick fix?

Thank you.

2. They continuously throw snowballs at objects/ground without them being smoldering. They just throw snowballs non-stop at the same items. (not at all the items in the range)

I noticed this at first too, but it seems like the Flingomatics help to stop Farms, Grass, Saplings etc from "Withering" (where the resources would dry up during summer and would not grow) as well as stop Smoldering and Fires.

• Developer

Thank you for the reports.

For the Ice Flingomatic bug, it may be caused by snowballs falling to the ground before reaching a target that is far.  We will definitely look into this.

I noticed this at first too, but it seems like the Flingomatics help to stop Farms, Grass, Saplings etc from "Withering" (where the resources would dry up during summer and would not grow) as well as stop Smoldering and Fires.

Unfortunately it is not the case for farms, they wither even if the fling throws snowballs continuously.

And about smoldering, I agree with you but it's not the case (again), the one in the middle of the base is throwing snowballs on tents which eventually started smoldering and the snowballs weren't doing anything, the crock pot, chests, alchemy machine and so on were smoldering, they were in the range (pretty close, half the way of the radius) and 50% of the time the flingomatic was not throwing snowballs, 50% of the time it was throwing and nothing was happening, still smoldering.

It does work for the berry bushes but they did not grew a single berry through all the summer. Another thing, the one next to 7-8 berry bushes was going crazy (flingomatic) it was like a machine gun non-stop. Next to the berry bushes there were drying racks, one of them ended up burning because while it was smoldering the fling didn't even bother to throw a snowball at it.

Thank you for the reports.

For the Ice Flingomatic bug, it may be caused by snowballs falling to the ground before reaching a target that is far.  We will definitely look into this.

Only a crock pot was at the limit of it's range, all the other items that were smoldering were in the limit of half the range.

I just stopped fueling them because they were annoying and useless.

If you consider it helpful I can try and record the flingomatics.

Archived