[help] Hair hidden behind torso

Hi, I'm in the middle of making a custom character mod, using the extended sample character, and I just can't seem to solve this problem. I tried to move around the layers in Spriter, tried to put the "extra" hair into the torso segments, but they dont fit perfectly with the head in-game. I mean I probably know I could put that bit of hair into the "pigtails" files, which I also tried to do once, but then there's that problem with figuring out the correct placement.

So my question is, is there a way to solve this without putting the extra hair into different image files? I also looked around the forums and into different mod folders', but I didn't find my answer.

Screenshot:
torsohair_zpsalxfmpdy.png

Thanks!

the problem is the Z order, Its pretty much locked. and that has to do with the developers. Even if you changed the z order, dont starve will autocompile it back into the right order. There are a few modders out there that are on a crusade to try and end this problem, until then, your just going to have to get artistic, and wiggle around the issue as best as you can.

well, u used the head textures for the hair. use the hair textures for the hair(the samplecharacter u use, uses them for the ears, but they are still named "hair-0.png"). if u still wanna have ears above the hair, ull have to drawn them over the hair though.

well, u used the head textures for the hair. use the hair textures for the hair(the samplecharacter u use, uses them for the ears, but they are still named "hair-0.png"). if u still wanna have ears above the hair, ull have to drawn them over the hair though.

I see, that should work, I'll try that. Thanks!

Archived