A suggestion for Teleportato's usage

I thought that may be if a person goes through a teleportato, they could either abandon their old world and move on to a new one in DST, or they could go into a friend hosted server with all the stuff they've taken with them, so that you wouldn't have everything less progressive just because you joined one of your friend hosted worlds while they were hosting. By doing this, you could still go back to your own world if you assembled the Teleportato into your friend's world. So what do you think?

That way you can spawn in your inventory stuff that you can bring to the other server, and if it is a PvP server, it would be very unbalanced (even if it's friend hosted). Or you can simply carry the others by bringing stuff in, leggit or not. So I don't think it's a good idea.

That way you can spawn in your inventory stuff that you can bring to the other server, and if it is a PvP server, it would be very unbalanced (even if it's friend hosted). Or you can simply carry the others by bringing stuff in, leggit or not. So I don't think it's a good idea.

Actually, now that I think about it, this could not actually work. What if you were to host your server which you left before again after exiting your friend's server? Would you end up in your friend's server while they're not hosting? I guess this idea would not work because of this...

I dunno, I think the Teleportato should work the same way it does in SP... allows you to abandon the world, and move on to the next with all the items in your inventory/backpack. Not sure why this needs to change when playing MP. Allowing us to jump into other servers would give us a huge leg up on the others who are already there, and would make the game and that particular server far less "uncompromising".

I would recommend that the host (or an admin on dedicated servers) be the only one able to activate the teleportato though. Otherwise it would be easy for a random player to ruin everyone's fun by restarting the world at-will.

I dunno, I think the Teleportato should work the same way it does in SP... allows you to abandon the world, and move on to the next with all the items in your inventory/backpack. Not sure why this needs to change when playing MP. Allowing us to jump into other servers would give us a huge leg up on the others who are already there, and would make the game and that particular server far less "uncompromising".

I would recommend that the host (or an admin on dedicated servers) be the only one able to activate the teleportato though. Otherwise it would be easy for a random player to ruin everyone's fun by restarting the world at-will.

1) Agreed

2) Disagreed. You're kind of bringing here the idea of what devs once thought about; making it so all players enter and exit caves/ruins/adventure mode at once. I've explained why this would not work, however you're suggesting here that host be the only one that could move on to the next world. First of all that's unfair to other players; you might be new or you might be inbthe middle of something when BAM the host moves to the next world, so unlucky for you, you only get to take with you the stuff you had while you were doing whatever you did. I've made a suggestion about don't starve worlds being connected via multiple servers for one world and that is what someone told me Seth was also talking about in Rhymes with Play. If you move on to the next world as a host, other people might not want to and it's not up to you whether they should or should not move. They will of course be still able to play only while you're hosting but the movjng or staying decision would be up to any player.

So, instead of the host having all the power, it's more like all players vote to move on together? Even better, more collaborative. Or do you mean that the host maintains separate instances of worlds within the same server? As in, the host and some other player can move on to world 2, while the remaining players stay in world 1?

So, instead of the host having all the power, it's more like all players vote to move on together? Even better, more collaborative. Or do you mean that the host maintains separate instances of worlds within the same server? As in, the host and some other player can move on to world 2, while the remaining players stay in world 1?

The second option.

Archived