Pressing a Button to Activate a Stategraph State

Basically, I'm wondering if I can make a button for one specific character make it do a certain stategraph state.  For example, if I press the SHIFT key, and my custom player is a warg, it could be made so he would go into a howl state. 

@Mario384, Well, I think there are a number of ways you could do this. Stategraphs are composed of ActionHandlers, EventHandlers, and States. You could directly push a state (inst.sg:GoToState("somestate")), you could make an action handler (ActionHandler(ACTIONS.MYACTION, "howl")) and bind the key to an action, or you could make an event handler that sends it to a state, and then push the event with the keybind.

so... basically any way you want to do it, you can. There are already a couple of guides on here for how to bind a key to server-side events (e.g. in the Pig Feed game mode, shift makes you sprint).

@Mario384, Well, I think there are a number of ways you could do this. Stategraphs are composed of ActionHandlers, EventHandlers, and States. You could directly push a state (inst.sg:GoToState("somestate")), you could make an action handler (ActionHandler(ACTIONS.MYACTION, "howl")) and bind the key to an action, or you could make an event handler that sends it to a state, and then push the event with the keybind.

so... basically any way you want to do it, you can. There are already a couple of guides on here for how to bind a key to server-side events (e.g. in the Pig Feed game mode, shift makes you sprint).

I rigged an ActionHandler up to PICK, which appears to work very well.  Thanks!