modsettings.lua being overwritten by updates?

I have a dedicated server running on an ubuntu server. I had added a few mods to the modsettings.lua file by following what the wiki said to do for mods. Like adding these lines to that file

ForceEnableMod("workshop-345692228")
ForceEnableMod("workshop-346968521")

ForceEnableMod("workshop-352373173")

I thought that it had worked and my server showed that it was mod'd in the server list but after I ran the ./update.sh command today it appears that the modsettings.lua file has been reverted to what it was before. Can anyone please help? I don't want to have to edit the file everytime.

@rezecib ok rezecib i made the file and added the ForceEnableMod line for all my steam workshop mods but when i loaded my server it still didnt show that it was modded. what did  i do wrong and also the wiki doesnt exactly state what the configuration directory

@pokemonpie, copied directly from the page I posted in the second reply:

The second option is using a modoverrides.lua file. Dedicated servers can now enable mods and set mod configurations via a file in the configuration directory named “modoverrides.lua” (\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\modoverrides.lua). An example of the contents of this file is

return {
    ["workshop-350811795"] = { enabled = true },
    ["workshop-387028143"] = { enabled = true },
    ["workshop-361336115"] = { enabled = true,
        configuration_options =
        {
            hunt_time = 6,
        }
    },
    ["workshop-336882447"] = { enabled = true }
}
Note, dedicated servers (and normal clients) can override the mod config options to non-valid options using this method. In this example, 6 is not a normal option for the hunt_time in the Hunt game mode mod.

Archived