Compass mod for dedicated server

I am running a dedicated server on ubuntu 14.04.2. I have extracted many mod .zips and .rars into the mods folder (mine is here: /home/steam/Steam/steamapps/DST/mods )

and for some reason the server list doesn't have an "M" for my server (it's called Ubuntuaddicted's World) despite me having the mod's extracted where i'm suppose to have them extracted.

On top of that i'm looking for a compass mod and for some reason Compass Hud in the steam workshop isn't available on these forums in the mod download section. Can anyone help with that as well please?

As a side note, people are welcome to join my server. we have a great little community that we all talk to on my mumble server ( mumble.ubutechllc.com ), we have a podcast on wednesday nights at 7pm CDT. we have a steam group as well, it's Linux Tech and Gaming. Hope to see anyone interested there soon.

I'd post a log but i can't find any log file anywhere

@ubuntuaddicted, Well, first thing is that the Compass HUD mod is client-only, so it won't do anything on a dedicated server. So if people want Compass HUD on your server, they have to download and enable it themselves.

The log should be ~/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether/log.txt

You can use dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua in the main mods directory to download Steam workshop mods. I'm guessing you aren't actually enabling any of the mods on the server-- simply having them in the mods folder isn't enough, you have to enable them with modoverrides.lua (instructions in the link above for that).

But as for getting a mod only on the workshop into the forum downloads section, you should contact its developer by leaving a comment on it in Steam asking them to upload it. It wouldn't really be right for other people to upload it to the forums without permission from them, at least.

Archived