Beta suggestions as at 08/03/15

First off I've had as lot of fun with DST so far and like the way its turning out so great work! I've played about 250 days in game on a few worlds with groups ranging from 2 to 5 people, but mostly just a coop group of 2 people.

Maps: I've seen a lot of posts about map sharing and I understand why there isn't default map sharing in case players want PvP, But I think it would be great to have a craftable map item in game that one character could create and give to another to give a one off update with their map information.  I think this makes sense with the general mechanics of the game and will have no impact on PvP, but at the same time will make coop less frustrating with regard mapping out.

Escalation: Currently in a non-pvp coop scenario there is very little challenge once you have survived the first winter especially if one or two of the people playing has a lot of experience, at that point you can survive a winter and your ability to survive is only going to get greater as your camp gets more built up and you have more resources stockpiled.  I think there needs to be more randomised events to offer challenge past year 1 with a general escalation of difficulty, I know the numbers of hounds ramps up but that alone is trivial to deal with once you figure out to get wildlife to kill them rather than fighting them yourself.

Randomised events could be things like freak weather (blizzard, drought, hurricanes etc) or monster spawns, or other more insidious stuff like npcs raiding your camp or diseases or insect plagues decimating your food stores --- just a few ideas off the top of my head.

Difficulty settings: I'm aware of the world presets but I think there should be more and that they should be selectable on the main server creation screen with some simple descriptions like "easy" "normal" "Hard" etc with a mouseover or something like that for a more detailed description, there should also be a description of what the game modes do on the creation screen.  Whoever is setting up the server needs this information presented clearly and with detail so that they can setup a suitable world wihtout having to do research.

That sounds good, hopefully its adjustable because really I was thinking day 40+.  Multiplayer just makes the game easier through division of labour so I think you have to ramp up the difficulty in response.

@DeepFried, Have you played with RoG in single-player? That should be added to DST in the next few weeks, and it definitely pushes out the plateau of stability (that point where you're totally on top of the game and can deal with anything) out to say, day 70 (at least that's how long it takes to get through all the seasons, but if you're really good you might feel stable sooner).

Archived