Mod loading order

I have a mod, which tweaks how Health/Hunger/Sanity regen works. I also have a bunch of other mods enabled at the same time as I debug by mod. one of the mods is called RPG HUD Neat (can be found here). When I debug my mod (aka I use my mod locally without uploading it to workshop first) it's fully compatible with eachother. but when I upload it to steam workshop something weird happens. When I enter a world it crashes in inventorybar.lua, which is a file that is getting overwritten by RPG HUD Neat. My mod though, doesn't override any game files, I use only my own files. and the variables I use to change the stats is inst.components.health / inst.components.hunger / etc..

So because it only crash when it's downloaded via workshop and not when it's added manually to the mods folder I thought of that maybe the workshop mods gets loaded before the local ones. So because of that I wonder, is there a way to make my mod wait for RPG HUD Neat to get fully loaded before I init my code?

Thanks

The problem relates somehow to RPG Hud completely overriding the badge widget instead of extending its functionality.  I haven't tested this but if you set the config option "Custom Badges" to "no" it would probably work.  I'll take a look see at your mod to see what might be going wrong though.

@Kirdow,

After looking through your code(which took all of 3 seconds ;) I don't see anything that should interfere with RPG Hud.  The conflict lies elsewhere.  It's entirely possible that giving your character regen *triggers* the conflict, but it is not being caused by you.

Edit:  Tested with both mods enabled, works as intended.

Now I think we are getting somewhere. I just thought of, what if I check if the mod "RPG HUD Neat" is enabled, and if Custom Badges is turned on on that mod, that I make my mod use that one to regen my stats. could that work?

Checking another mods config settings is just as simple as checking your own mods config settings.  

But why are you using a UI element like a badge to regen your stats ?   User Interface widgets should never do anything other than display information. They should not alter information.

@seronis, @Kirdow,

He's not using badges currently...

Before I go on though, Kirdow-- your mod is a copy/paste of ADH's health mod.  I understand that you want to extend its functionality by adding configuration options, but you should at minimum give him attribution in the description.

As seronis said, you should never use a UI element for actual game functionality.  They are purely aesthetic.  Also using the badge would do literally nothing to help your situation.  I told you-- your mod already works with RPG Hud. If you really want to get everything working, you need to figure out what 3rd party mod is causing the conflict by disabling everything but RPG Hud and your mod and then enabling the other mods one-by-one.

Archived