Unable to connect to LAN games after update today

Iremun

I got this game a few days ago, and started playing a LAN game with my friend. Today, I tried to host the game on LAN again, and he couldn't find it. We then had him try to host a normal non-LAN game and I found it easily, but when he tried to host LAN, I couldn't find it. We are on the same internet connection.

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Issue Title: Client now unable to see LAN Server in list

Issue Description: This was working before for us - we're on day 81, been playing off and on on the same world for several weeks now.

It's a LAN server.

Before, my friend (on my LAN network) would be able to see the server once I started it up. She could join without any problems.

Now, she cannot see it anymore. We've tried restarting steam, the game, and our computers - doesn't seem to have an effect. She can't see my server anymore.

Is there anything we can do to troubleshoot this issue?

Steps to Reproduce: It seems like new LAN games are also having this problem.

Start a LAN server, try to see it from another machine on the same LAN.

Bug Submission:

Issue Title: Can't see or join LAN servers

Issue Description: I've hosted a lan game for 220+ days for me and my sister, but as of today, she cannot find the game at all. We've tried closing and opening the game, steam, and our pcs. We've even made sure we were on the network together properly, but still she can not see my game.

Steps to Reproduce: I logged into the game, clicked play, clicked host server, clicked on my game, hosted it and waited for my sister. She selected lan games, and couldnt see mine. She tried many methods after to find my game but it could not be found.

I'm having the exact same problem - I played over the weekend and on 3/2 just fine, however after the 3/3 update I could not find LAN games or online games that were hosted by individual users on my network. I've tried disabling firewalls and antiviruses, then reinstalled the game on both machines, but to no avail.

Starting on 3/3, I began experiencing issues with being able to see LAN games hosted on my network. Prior to this update (3/2 and the weekend prior, to be exact) the game was working fine with LAN and we experienced 0 technical problems. We are able to see online games that are hosted by others, but not by each other. I have verified that firewalls look good, tried disabling antivirus and have reinstalled the game on both machines, but with no luck. Anyone else experiencing this problem and/or have a solution?

Bug Submission:

Issue Title: Cannot see LAN servers

Issue Description: LAN servers no longer show up after the 3/3 update. I am playing on Steam; No minidump files were generated.

Steps to Reproduce: Start LAN server (either dedicated or hosted) on another computer on the network. Use the LAN server filter to find the server. See empty list.

Archived