random blabber

Tetris

Oh, I remember a certain post... Something about the magic tab symbol changed from a pentagram to the red skull, and he was like "might aswell give it the Swastika symbol and add a Hitler character" or something along those lines. Hope I dun get into trouble for actually discussing this "out loud", I feel this should be an example how NOT to behave here on these forums...

Honestly, I can't believe how ignorant most people are. (Of course, I'm not talking about anyone here)

The Swastika was also a sign of peace in other countries, not just the emblem of the Nazi party.

Honestly, I can't believe how ignorant most people are. (Of course, I'm not talking about anyone here)

The Swastika was also a sign of peace in other countries, not just the emblem of the Nazi party.

In fact, the Nazis inverted the Swastika.

In fact, the Nazis inverted the Swastika.

Crap, i wanted to just let this die...but I can't let that ignorant statement stand.

Nazi Germany has a history of subjugating other civilization's concepts for their own powerful ideas. The Spear of Destiny "being made for the Reich" is one concept (whether it's true or not.) 

The Swastika is another. 

The Swastika is originally from the native Indian (as in Indus valley, India) ancient civilizations. 

From the Swastika's own Wiki entry (and most of this is confirmed accurate long before there was a thing called a wiki: )

Swastikas have been used in various other ancient civilizations around the world including Turkic,Iran,ArmeniaNepalChinaJapan

Korea and Europe. It represents the principle originating the universe, or life (Brahman), with the four swirling arms representing the four directions of the manifest universe (the four faces of Brahma).[1] It remains widely used in Indian religions and Far Eastern religions.

The word "swastika" comes from the Sanskrit svastika - "su" (meaning "good" or "auspicious") combined with "asti" (meaning "being")[citation needed], along with the diminutive suffix "ka." The swastika literally means "well-being." It is a common practice for Hindus to draw Swastika symbols on the doors and entrances to their houses during festivals, which is believed to symbolize an invitation to goddess Lakshmi.[2] The name "sauwastika" is sometimes given to the left-facing arms symbol, which is a mirror image of swastika (卍).[3]

As for why Nazis used it:

The symbol has a long history in Europe reaching back to antiquity. In modern times, following a brief surge of popularity as a good luck symbol in Western culture, a swastika was adopted as a symbol of the Nazi Party of Germany in 1920, who used the swastika as a symbol of the Aryan race. A right-facing 45° rotated swastika was incorporated into the flag of the Nazi Party, which was made the state flag of Germany during the Nazi era, after Adolf Hitler came to power in 1933. Hence in many Western countries the swastika is stigmatized as being associated with Nazism and related concepts like antisemitism, hatred, violence, death, and murder.[4] Notably, the swastika has been outlawed in Germany and other countries if used as a symbol of Nazism in certain instances. Many modern white nationalist and Neo-Nazi groups such as the Russian National Unity use stylized swastikas or similar symbols.

So no they didn't invent it; they stole it, and please let this thread die.

The user of this thread it is being discussed about with no wording in any of their quotes "left" due to a very ignorant  posting pattern and this is not helping. That's all i will say on this manner. 

Thank you.

• Like 5