Progress reset to day 1.

Hello, I have run into very frustrating issue.

So the problem is after I launch my dedicated server through steam tools my DST client kinda resets, because I noticed my mods are turning off every time I launch dedicated server (If I launch DST client multiple times without restarting dedicated server everything is ok, mods doesn't turn off). What is more, when I join my dedicated server after restart my equipment is empty, my character is reset to day 1 without anything discovered, empty map and so on, just fresh character like at the start.

My friends doesn't have any issue after I restart my dedicated server, they keep their progress equipment and so on, so I think it's issue between my dedicated server client and DST client.

I didn't have any problem with resetting progress of my character when I launched server through DST client.

I can provide more required info if needed.

Did any one run into the same problem? Any tips how to solve that?

Once upon a time: We played some, closed the server and relaunched it.

What happen to me twice now is that the character partially resets to day 1. It says so in the clock but at the same time it didn't remove the map. I also lost all my items on these occasions. I had a friend on my server and he didn't have any problems.

So there was I on day 1, coastline fully explored, 0 items on belt. My friend was on day 14 no problem.

@Zins, in order to save map progression you either have to wait until the server saves automatically or use c_shutdown(true) in the console through in-game or in the dedicated server software if you've added -console through the argument commands to be executed when the dedicated server software launches. 

Alternatively you can use 'enable_autosave = true' in your settings.ini file.

@Zins,@Kafetist, Are you two using the -conf_dir command? That should fix this problem. I don't know why they make it share the normal config directory by default, because everyone tries to join at first from the same computer without seeing that command (including me). It should at least put up a warning or something if you join from the same computer... 

@Zins,@Kafetist, Are you two using the -conf_dir command? That should fix this problem. I don't know why they make it share the normal config directory by default, because everyone tries to join at first from the same computer without seeing that command (including me). It should at least put up a warning or something if you join from the same computer... 

Thanks, that solved my issue.

Archived