Actual Signs

Hello,

I searched the forum and didn't find a similar thread, please redirect me, if it already exists.

It would be really cool, if you could write a few words on a sign, when you build it, so that other players can read it. I often join servers with +100 days and a farely nice base but the other players are also just on their first days in this world. I'm happy to use things like crockpots, but I don't want to scrabble through their stuff and just take something. Which can be hard, when no single flint is laying around but a bunch of them are stored away. So I'm thinking about extra a chest on the side with a "Newbie Starter Pack"- sign. Or maybe a sign at the portal with the direction of the base.

It could also be used as a little message system with what needs to be done or 'house rules'.

I understand that this idea is not mandatory for the game and more of a gimmick. Since playing my first round of Don't Starve I just always wanted to write something on these damn signs and in DST it would be convenient. I know that not everyone will even read or follow the messages, but if they want to mess around in your world they would do that with or without signs.

Greetings

Shin

Archived