[Gameplay] - Deerclops warning sounds, does not play for clients.

Sindex

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Issue Title: Deerclops warning sounds, does not play for clients.

Issue Description: I am kind of surprised either that has not been reported, or it's a very old bug. So it seems when Deerclops is about to appear he has an audio cue that plays usually (the heavy breathing/roar before the attack). The host can definitely hear when it comes around. However if your a client this audio cue seems to absent.

Steps to Reproduce: 1. Join a hosted server.

2. Wait till winter.

3. When Deerclops spawns see if the audio cue occurred prior for you or the host.

@Sindex, I think it's a little more complicated than that, actually-- there have also been reports of one random client hearing it instead. But yes, an old bug reported several times that may not have been fixed yet (it's hard to tell, since the deerclops seems to show up so very rarely in DST anyway).

I just know it has happened again just recently when I was testing out our dedicated server. After the attack from Deerclops I asked if anyone heard the audio cue and everyone told me no. So I had assumed it was a client problem hence why I reported it on here.

It's probably a bug as old as people not hearing the hound audio cue. but I believe that was fixed? I did try to see anyone else reported this problem, but I have might have missed it for being such an old bug. Plus your right the Deerclops encounters are usually very slim (unless you turn it up a bit).

Archived