Need Help With Texture Dimensions/Pivoting

ohbaebpls

I've created a character that resembles myself, but I am having some trouble getting the dimensions correct for accurate texture placement and pivoting. I designed the hair in such a way that it exceeds the default space provided in the character texture file. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

All of the artwork is complete, so if someone needs to see the individual file in order to better help me, I'd be willing to file share and discuss over skype/email. 

as far as my stuff goes, I've been using gimp, and just extending the png, for instance if it's a 300x300 head piece, and I needed a little more space, I'll go 320x320 (as an example) then go back and compare the placement to the original 300x300 of the template. As long as it's not a huge size difference, It's worth the shot trying that. 

Just make sure you make a copy of your stuff BEFORE you do that, in case things don't go according to that method. 

Archived