Please add a possibility starting offline servers with a differents ports

Hello

I am making 2 different Dedicated servers (one endless, second survival) in off-line mode.

Ill trying starting both but have a error in second server console

"Off-line Dedicated servers can use only a default port"

If first server use 10999 port, second can't start because port already used.

Any chances change it? And let starting many Dedicated servers in off-line mode on a same server machine?

Thank you

• Developer

We have forced offline servers to use port 10999 because that is the port lan discovery works on. 

So, if you changed the port users would not be able to find your game.

I'll look into how we might be able to discover on a range of ports.  If I find something reasonable I'll relax this restriction.

So, if you changed the port users would not be able to find your game.
 But they would be able to connect with c_connect, right? Once that's wrapped into a little bit of GUI it would be basically the same connection experience as is used for many games like Terraria, Magicite, etc, so that seems acceptable, at least for edge cases like this.

• Developer

Correct, if I removed the port restriction it would be able to work with c_connect.

I had originally thought that allowing lan servers to change the port would be confuse users when their servers don't show up in the LAN browser.

I'll remove the restriction, and simply print a large warning message if you host on the non-default port.

I'm also still looking into discovering a range of LAN ports.

Good idea! MarkL if you can just add a little port range and that all what i need :)

Like 10990-10999.

Yes i am not see my server in server browser but i can enter with a c_connect"10.11.10.10" or something like that.

Thank you.

Archived