[General] - Dedicated Server don't save or load properly

Zisis13

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Issue Title: Dedicated Server don't save or load properly

Issue Description: I created my Dedicated server.I can see my server and other players can join.We can play normaly and build base.But when I exit the game and go in again,my items or my explored map don't exist.Our base is still there.

My inventory is empty and my map is unexplored.

I close the server to see what happens and then maybe my items are here but the map is unexplored again.

I dont know if it is a common issue or i did something wrong with the server set up.Plz someone help.

Steps to Reproduce: 1)Create dedicated server

2)Join from your computer

3)Pick a flower or a grass or something else and move 1 screen away.

4)Log out from server (closing the server is not neccesary)

5)Log in again.And items lost or map progres lost...or both of these issues.

Not quite sure what do you mean.I log in my server and i type in console with (~): "-conf_dir DoNotStarveTogether" ....and nothing changes.I saw in my documents that my server has inside the "save" folder,a folder named client,server,session.Each folder have one folder inside with the name "07B000019A6C0CAE".It matches with the dedicated server.

@Zisis13, -config_dir is supposed to be placed in the shortcut to launch your dedicated server.

\

Example:

mGwKXLE.png

You can alternatively launch the dedicated software through the command prompt on Windows or the terminal app on Linux. By launching it through that method you simply append the -config_dir command to the end of it.

@Kzisor, @rezecib I made it.Now i don't lose my items from inventory and my map progress,but now happens something else.If I log out and log in again,it respawns me somewhere i have been to.For example:I am near the portal and I walk and gather a berry.Then i step near the sea and disconect.After I log in I havent the berry and I am near the portal again.But I have my items that I had when I was near the portal.I can't explain this very good because english isn't my native language.Thanks for your help.

@Zisis13, it's possible that you did not set up the dedicated server correctly and that is the root cause of your troubles. I suggest setting up the server once again following this wiki: http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Don%E2%80%99t_Starve_Together_Dedicated_Servers

If you still have troubles after setting it up again, please post your settings.ini file and operating system so we can assist you further. 

I figured it out what I did wrong.I had to do -conf_dir in the server folder for the dedicated server tool.And in the same time I had to do -conf_dir in the dont starve together folder for the game itself.Thanks for the help.

Hello!

I made me Dedicated Server as it says on this link:  http://dont-starve-g...dicated_Servers.

I was playing with my friends, and I closed The Don't Starve Toether Dedicated Server Tool, because i was going to bed. The other day i was going to play with the same friends but when I started the Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server Tool, my server started from the beginning and me and my friends have to chhose again the characters.

Can somone help me please?

Archived