Dedicated Server Help!

Hey guys I have had some issues on hosting my dedicated server and I’m about at my last straw. I've downloaded the dedicated server via Steam to run the server, have my server token, port forwarded to 10998 &10999, but still having issues with viewing my server on the game list. I had a friend download the dedicated server and his worked just fine after grabbing all the necessary information. We went over CMD to see any differences and found this one right here.

Could someone enlighten me on the issue and perhaps how to fix the ping_cache assuming that is my issue?

Running windows 7 ultimate

post-597003-0-81527500-1423371148_thumb.

I think the ping_cache is what the client uses to store server pings while showing them on the list.

If it's your first time (the world needs to be generated), do you have pause_when_empty = true?

If yes, then set it to false, then start and generate a survival_1 or endless_1, and then close the server and open it again with true.

After starting your server, do you see it if you turn from Online to LAN, on the filter of the server list?

You should.

If these things failed then,

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/50634-psa-to-join-a-server-you-cant-see-hostclient-in-same-computer-via-console/

• Developer

I've disabled ping cache loading in the next release.    

pause_when_empty = true works correctly now, so it shouldn't be caused your issues.

You can always join your server through the lan browser, but it won't appear in your server listings unless you can ping it.  

If you are still stuck, DarkXero's link should help you test connectivity.

Archived