@Nike_Ritual, I don't think there's much news to be had. They're working on a few major things that will be added in big updates when they're ready. All the information in the January Update is pretty much current, except for dedicated servers-- those have already been added. (tl;dr: controller/mac/linux support to come very soon, RoG support to come in one big update some time later)

By the way, I would like to learn more about dedicated servers. In the future we will also require special knowledge and utilities to create games on dedicated servers or will be a special button that, when clicked, you without problems can create a game? Well, you know, as it happens in all sorts of online games - you press "create a game" and everything happens automatically on the other end wire, without any special manipulation by user.

Sorry for my Runglish (bad English)  :lemo:

@Nike_Ritual, Well, at the moment it definitely requires special knowledge, or the persistence to look around at other people's posts on problems similar to yours and their solutions.

I think they are planning to improve ease of use, but I think that'll be more in the form of more options for administering dedicated servers, rather than in the direction of making it as easy as hosting a server normally.

Archived