World copied, Settings did not

Hi there, 

So I locally created a world for my server (huge map, long summer..) and applied it. This all works correctly on my local machine. However when I check view world on my dedicated server: All the settings look default. 

I am sure however that the map has been generated huge since it is exactly the same. But I am not sure if the other settings applied correctly. For example; I had selected no corpses. However a lot of them are spawning when players die. However I don't know if that setting was intended for player corpses or normal corpses. 

I checked other dedicated servers and it seems liek they do have visible custom settings. 

Anything I can about that at this stage? And what may have caused it?

Craftalglory

It sounds like you have 2 independent computers.  One client, the other a host.  Is this correct?  If so, here are my observations:

The saveindex files hold data relevant to save information, including the configuration of your maps.  Moving the map from one computer to another will result in loss of configuration options, since the saveindex did not move with it.  This is what I've seen at least, in testing.

Moving another computer's saveindex to your server will result in loss of data (player save information etc.), or at least the reference points to it, normally found in the correct saveindex file.

Can you create the desired map on your dedicated server computer, using an installation of DST on that computer?  Should you need it, this process can be found on the DS Wiki:

http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Don%E2%80%99t_Starve_Together_Dedicated_Servers#Customizing_the_World_Map

It sounds like you have 2 independent computers.  One client, the other a host.  Is this correct?  If so, here are my observations:

The saveindex files hold data relevant to save information, including the configuration of your maps.  Moving the map from one computer to another will result in loss of configuration options, since the saveindex did not move with it.  This is what I've seen at least, in testing.

Moving another computer's saveindex to your server will result in loss of data (player save information etc.), or at least the reference points to it, normally found in the correct saveindex file.

Can you create the desired map on your dedicated server computer, using an installation of DST on that computer?  Should you need it, this process can be found on the DS Wiki:

http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Don%E2%80%99t_Starve_Together_Dedicated_Servers#Customizing_the_World_Map

I followed the progress exactly as listed under: Costumising the World Map.

So I did indeed not copy the saveindex file over(was on listed in that tutorial anywhere that I've seen as far as I know). But you say this can be dangerous at this point? Also I renamed my save from survival_6 to survival_1 so I guess that makes it even less possible now?(Generated with the 50 saveslots mod). 

I can't find how to generate the custom map on the server itself though(from ingame that is, it's run on linux from command interface, so don't think launching the game on it would be really practical honestly). 

I was also wondering how I can configure mods on server. Like, when you host with the client you can configure the mods with the settings menus. However I am unable to find where this data is stored at for the dedicated server. I saw teh tutorial for modoverride. But I don't know where I would find the variables to alter in the override file. Practically what I am trying to do is change settings of renewable world to spawn more often than it currently does. 

Hi please help with configuration Chester Recipe via modoverride.lua

I have created mods/workshop-379619995/modoverride.lua with:

enabled = trueconfiguration_options ={c_recipe = "hard"}

but still is loading easy mod, how correctly ovveride this config to use hard mode?

configuration_options ={    {        name = "c_recipe",        label = "Difficulty",        options =    {        {description = "Easy", data = "easy"},        {description = "Medium", data = "medium"},        {description = "Hard", data = "hard"},        {description = "Cannibal", data = "cannibalism"},    },        default = "easy",    },    }

Also how override these fields (another plugin)

api_version = 4priority = 1

Archived