[General] - Game not starting (steam)

Teisuru

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Issue Title: Game not starting (steam)

Issue Description: When you launch the game through steam, a window appears (the black one ) who says that it's launching Don't starve Together.

But after a few seconds (when it's meant to start the game), the game does not start. And instead go back where it was before (no game launched)

I added the dxdiag, but found no .mdmp.

Steps to Reproduce: Select library - click the game - click on play.

In C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta\bin do you have any files named dontstarve_steam_124146_crash_2015_1_26T2_50_20C0.mdmp or similar you could attach?

Just running a search now on the forums to provide links/info from previous reports of such issues.

This process could possibly help:

1. Close Steam

2. Open up your DST folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta, or similar)

3. Install dxsetup.exe from the DXRedist folder

4. Install vcredist_x86.exe from the VCRedist folder

5. Reboot the beast

What hardware do you run? Wanna attach a dxdiag readout?

In C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta\bin do you have any files named dontstarve_steam_124146_crash_2015_1_26T2_50_20C0.mdmp or similar you could attach?

Just running a search now on the forums to provide links/info from previous reports of such issues.

This process could possibly help:

1. Close Steam

2. Open up your DST folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta, or similar)

3. Install dxsetup.exe from the DXRedist folder

4. Install vcredist_x86.exe from the VCRedist folder

5. Reboot the beast

What hardware do you run? Wanna attach a dxdiag readout?

I tried all the steps and it didn't worked at all. Received the game as a gift (DST), but i don't there it has any importance.

I attacked the dxdiag, i don't know if you can read it.

DxDiag.txt

• Developer

Hi @Teisuru

Hmmm, your videocard's specs don't meet minimum system requirements - it has only 64 MB of dedicated ram, and the game requires 256. You could try going into the settings.ini (in Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether) and change the line

use_small_textures = false

to 

use_small_textures = true

....that might make it work.

Archived