Listing steps - Question on Process

Hey - sorry if this has been asked before, but I figured it'd be helpful to list out the steps in detail to get answers about the overall process.
I cannot find or join my server, and my friends cant see it either, on another network. 
When I start it up, it appears here: http://my.jacklul.com/dstservers/ (ace the helpful place) as a dedicated server with the correct modifications I added to it (wilderness).

My process - 
Downloaded the server tool through steam tools. 
Retrieved my server token.
Moved server token to C:>program files(x86)>steam>steamapps>common>dont starve together dedicated server (also added to settings.ini on the bottom line under account)

Started up server using dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.exe in the bin folder.

The last thing it returns to me is
  ModIndex: Load sequence finished successfully 
  Reset () returning 

Can't find the server. Did I skip a step? First time doing this so uh... 

You put the server_token.txt in the wrong folder. If you are using a different save slot than the one you use while hosting through the in-game client you don't need to move it. If you are using a custom configuration directory you need to move the server_token.txt to the custom configuration directory along with your settings.ini file, not the installation folder.

Ok, well if it's there now it's just superfluous isn't it? I don't think that's what's causing my server to not show up.
  Not that I don't appreciate the tip, thank you! 

Edit: Yeah just checked the log and it's retrieving the server token just fine. So that's not it, but thanks for letting me know though!

acemurdock, what router do you have?

It's a Belkin. I hope it's not the port forwarding problem because I'm staying in a shared house right now and don't have the router password (already tried the default). I can try it when I get back home though....but i figured it wasn't that because my friends can't see the server on the list either, not just me. 

Dumb question, but are you sure you have a valid settings.ini in the correct directory?  If so, do you have a default_server_name defined in it?

I definitely have a settings.ini file, in documents>klei>DoNotStarveTogether. default_server_name is listed as Ace The Helpful Place which is how it shows up in the server directory linked above, as well as it being wilderness mode like I also specified. 

Here's what I got: 

[network]
default_server_name = Ace The Helpful Place
server_password = 
default_server_description = Purgatory
max_players = 6
pvp = true
game_mode = wilderness

Ah sorry about that, I closed it down at one point. I didn't see if anyone joined.
I asked a friend to try to join it, but they couldn't find it in the list. It apparently only shows up here http://my.jacklul.com/dstservers/  which...I'm not sure what that means.
It must have something to do with the weird network I'm connected to right now. I'll try when I can mess with the router. :/ Thanks!

Ok, so, back in a network I can work with.
Tried setting up a server.
CANNOT see it on host PC.
CAN see it on another PC on the same network.
Cannot join from other pc, says server is not responding, try yelling louder? 
Try to join on host pc, I get this:

server_zps509b6f5b.png

So I assume I have to change the port? 

Hey there ;)

Are you still looking for a way to solve this ? :p

So, can you try a netstats and find out if your 10999 UDP port is already in use ? Also check if this port is open on your router.

I'll need your config too (can you copy/paste your settings.INI - hide token if it appears)

Hope you'll answer this ;)

Hey there ;)

Are you still looking for a way to solve this ? :razz:

So, can you try a netstats and find out if your 10999 UDP port is already in use ? Also check if this port is open on your router.

I'll need your config too (can you copy/paste your settings.INI - hide token if it appears)

Hope you'll answer this ;)

I think it was closed. Couldn't find it doing what you suggested, so I disabled the firewall just to see and it worked, even though I had put in a specific rule to let the port it was using through -.- 

Here's the network portion of my settings.ini, if you need any other part let me know!

[network]
default_server_name = Ace Murdock's Circus
server_password = 
default_server_description = Purgatory
max_players = 6
pvp = true
game_mode = wilderness
server_save_slot = 1
pause_when_empty = false
enable_autosaver = true
enable_snapshots = true

Archived