[Suggestion] Poison Element

Hey guys, I see you added more features focusing on spiders.

I don't know if this was suggested already, but you could add a poison element on spiders attack and drop. It should work like this:

Attack: the spiders attack you and do some DPS.

Drop: When you kill a spider, they drop some poison and you can add it to your weapon to do some DPS too.

What do you think?

Edited by SkylabIX

I think it's a good idea. But only the warrior spiders could drop it, making it rarer and harder to get. You could add it to your melee weapon, seeing how the ranged weapons are the ones with all the cool effects right now. I also think it should be a percentage chance of them getting poisoned and Spider Queens should be immune.

Great idea to add poison! If you hadn't posted it, I would have.

My suggestion would be:

- to add a "poisonous berry bush" or chance for a regular berry bush to grow a "suspicious berry".

- to add a poisonous musquito that appears only in swamps to annoy you at dusk/night. The musquito is bee-sized.

The idea of the berries is inspired from books/movies like "Into The Wild" where poisonous foods are very common challenge for survivalists even experienced ones.

So I was amazed to find this element missing in the game.

Other suggestions:

Adding poison would open up a lot of possibilities.

My suggestions would be:

- for poison to be a damage-over-time element if inflicted upon you by creatures. (this could also be a disease condition)

- for poison to be a direct-damage element by ingesting poisonous foods (just as monster meat).

- to be able to add poison to tools/weapons.

- to be able to add poison to foods (especially meat).

- And if the berry bush is poisoned you could lure a turkey towards it and catch it/kill it/slow it.

Details:

-Details on the berries.

I would call them either "poisonous" or "suspicous berries"

I would make the poisonous berries either black or a bright purplish/pinkish in colour.

I would choose the grow rate/chance-to-grow to be low, either ~1 in 10 berry bushes or a ~2-2,5% to grow on regular bushes.

-Details on adding poison to tools/weapons/foods.

It would be the same as adding fuel to fire, dropping a poisoning item onto another item.

In case with adding poison to a stack of meat/morsel/etc it would deduct 1 from the stack and pop out an allround non-stackable "poisoned meat" (similar for other foods).

-Details on poisoned tools/weapons.

I would opt for a one-time-only use which give you a slight advantage in hostile situations, so you will have to use it wisely.

Something like a +2 hits bonus on the first strike (to kill regular spider/hounds in one blow).

-Details on poisoned foods

I would opt for a 2 hit damage property for creatures ingesting poisoned foods (so you'll have to give the last blow yourself to regular hounds/spiders) (Do spiders eat meat? Haven't tried it yet).

You may change/copy/improve/adjust any of these ideas.

Hope it will inspire you to make an even better, more fun or challenging suggestion.

Kind regards, Karisuto

You'll all be glad to know that others have wanted/suggested poison a few times as well. :)

Attack: the spiders attack you and do some DPS.

Drop: When you kill a spider, they drop some poison and you can add it to your weapon to do some DPS too.

I think it's a good idea. But only the warrior spiders could drop it, making it rarer and harder to get. You could add it to your melee weapon, seeing how the ranged weapons are the ones with all the cool effects right now. I also think it should be a percentage chance of them getting poisoned and Spider Queens should be immune.

I was of the opinion that all spiders could drop poison. Reading this though, maybe the warriors could have a more deadly spider poison. Also I think all spiders should have immunity. Though a different poison on the other hand...

- to add a "poisonous berry bush" or chance for a regular berry bush to grow a "suspicious berry".

- to add a poisonous musquito that appears only in swamps to annoy you at dusk/night. The musquito is bee-sized.

Other suggestions:

Adding poison would open up a lot of possibilities.

My suggestions would be:

- for poison to be a damage-over-time element if inflicted upon you by creatures. (this could also be a disease condition)

- for poison to be a direct-damage element by ingesting poisonous foods (just as monster meat).

- to be able to add poison to tools/weapons.

- to be able to add poison to foods (especially meat).

- And if the berry bush is poisoned you could lure a turkey towards it and catch it/kill it/slow it.

Details:

-Details on the berries.

I would call them either "poisonous" or "suspicous berries"

I would make the poisonous berries either black or a bright purplish/pinkish in colour.

I would choose the grow rate/chance-to-grow to be low, either ~1 in 10 berry bushes or a ~2-2,5% to grow on regular bushes.

-Details on adding poison to tools/weapons/foods.

It would be the same as adding fuel to fire, dropping a poisoning item onto another item.

In case with adding poison to a stack of meat/morsel/etc it would deduct 1 from the stack and pop out an allround non-stackable "poisoned meat" (similar for other foods).

-Details on poisoned tools/weapons.

I would opt for a one-time-only use which give you a slight advantage in hostile situations, so you will have to use it wisely.

Something like a +2 hits bonus on the first strike (to kill regular spider/hounds in one blow).

-Details on poisoned foods

I would opt for a 2 hit damage property for creatures ingesting poisoned foods (so you'll have to give the last blow yourself to regular hounds/spiders) (Do spiders eat meat? Haven't tried it yet).

Poisoned berries. This could probably be what could poison spiders (except the Queen, I agree that it should be immune to most/all poisons). Anyway, back to what you were saying, I agree that the poisoned berries should be more likely to occur in berry farms. As for colour, either have them the same colour or of a similar one (so your pink/purple suggestion.) Gobblers I would think to be immune to the poison of berries, looking at birds in the wild, many are capable of eating berries which would make us sick. I feel there's now a contradiction somewhere in what I wrote now though.

Wait, what if the poisoned berries make you sleepy as well? Since turkey makes people sleepy after consumption, maybe add that aspect to Gobblers since they eat these berries? Eat a drumstick, lights out for you, have fun with the hounds that you suddenly hear!

Mosquitoes I've seen before, though I don't believe it had the suggestion to be poisonous. Maybe the kind of 'poison' it has can be related to what you said about adding disease?

Adding poisons to weapons sounds good, and depending on the poison it will either do something or nothing (depending on the creature being hit.)

Yeah, spiders eat meat. Also sure, food poison, why not? We got Monster Meat after all.

The idea of the berries is inspired from books/movies like "Into The Wild" where poisonous foods are very common challenge for survivalists even experienced ones.

So I was amazed to find this element missing in the game.

Remember, the game is still in beta, so its up to us as beta testers to throw our suggestions at the Devs. :)