[Monster] Rise of the Dung Beetle!

Which type of beetle would you like to see in the game?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of beetle would you like to see in the game?

• Simple, Collects Manure (more like a jackalope)
    • Advanced, More growth focused (bit more like spiders)

Hmm, you're right. We should save the poop flinging for the monkeys. A charge attack could work though. maybe after they do it , they get stuck in the poop, and that's when they're vulnerable. Hmm, blocking them to make them aggressive is an interesting idea, but it might make them a tad too annoying.

This is a great idea. I sort of imagined their attack would be rolling their ball of manure into you, rather than a ranged 'flinging' attack that I thought was more suited to the Monkeymen. The beetle would stay with their ball rather than pushing it away from them so that they could constantly change its path as you moved and wouldn't have to retrieve it each time they attacked. If they charged passed you, it would give you the chance to sneak up behind them and attack.Also, what if they were neutral towards you until you obviously attack them OR you walk in front of them rolling their ball causing it to break or become smaller, or maybe just blocking their path would make them aggravated. This might be fun as you could be happily strolling through the Savannah and accidentally walk in front of a dung beetle and, without wanting to, you would have an a problem on your hands.Now I'm imagining the Savannah as a giant game of Frogger with the Dung Beetles as cars...

The medium sized ones I can see getting aggressive by getting in their path. Now the largest one on the other hand is another story, I don't think it would see you until you got hit and likely crushed by their giant ball of manure.

Q: If the dung beetles came out of manure could the player just get a pig companion and feed them a bunch of flower petals/seeds and make a dung beetle farm? If so would the dung beetles still protect beefalo or would they protect the pigs or the player (since the pigs poop but the player is technically the reason they poop)?