Pre-Game Lobby

Well, I typed up a nice long post for this topic, hit "Preview", and discovered my session had expired. Ugh.

So, I'll restate this very briefly: I think that creating a new server (or, ideally, resuming one) should open a pre-game lobby where players can join, pick characters, and chat before the game begins. I've seen suggestions for a join lobby where players can join, chat, and look at the leaderboards before picking a character; this isn't that.

If anybody is particularly interested in the details/pros and cons, let me know and I'll type it up again. At the moment I'm too disgusted to do it all over again.

@Buldric, Yeah, it sucks when you type up a huge thing and then it gets eaten by something stupid like a backspace when the focus wasn't in the text box...

But I think this is planned. If you look in the code, the character select screen is actually called LobbyScreen; the current one is kind of a placeholder :p 

Just having a lobby for when you join isn't the same thing as having a lobby open before the game actually starts. I hope that IS what they have in mind (that or something similar), but after looking around for a while I couldn't find any indicator of Klei's precise intent.

I've honestly given up on hosting pick-up games just because of how much it sucks to get to day 15 and realize nobody's going to join. :/

Unrelated: I love your mods. I can't even stand playing without geometric placement anymore.

I would love any kind of lobby enhancement so we can see who is playing as what character before we choose one ourselves :D
Which players are in a server would be ultra handy information, both before we join and in the lobby (whichever is easier lol)

Archived