Please Help! Don't Starve won't save my game?

They must do it! T_T I don't have internet i download game on steam in my friend house, he has internet connection. I play only offline on steam, i played more than 8hours in one sesion because i have no saves (51days-died because i must go sleep...).

Edited by lmaocetong

• Developer

So after poking at steamcloud for quite some time, I'm completely out of ideas as to why it sometimes doesn't work. We have been able to reproduce the behaviour by improperly shutting down steam, but even that seems inconsistent. From looking around at other games' forums, it seems like this problem is pretty common. This kind of sucks. The underlying Steam cloud api is supposed to fall back to disk automatically, and handle both offline and online play without much developer intervention. It just seems... a little broken for some configurations.The next major release (Jan 15th?) will have an in-game option to disable steam cloud and just put saves in a directory. Steam cloud will still be on by default, since it seems to be working correctly for most people. This should make it so that everyone can enjoy the game.

Edited by Kevin

The next major release (Jan 15th?) will have an in-game option to disable steam cloud and just put saves in a directory. Steam cloud will still be on by default, since it seems to be working correctly for most people. This should make it so that everyone can enjoy the game.

Nice, i don't mind having the save on disk, i prefer the option of playing offline! :)Thanks for fixing it.