Death

Why is it so easy to die? :s Or why can you not run away effectively? I was in some weird purple-ish biome and tentacles out of the ground started to attack me. I tried to run away but could not. I mean I know it is apart of the game, but it seems kinda too easy to die and no real way of escaping.

Why is it so easy to die? :s Or why can you not run away effectively? I was in some weird purple-ish biome and tentacles out of the ground started to attack me. I tried to run away but could not. I mean I know it is apart of the game, but it seems kinda too easy to die and no real way of escaping.

I'd say you just got unlucky, running away is very easy, DS is supposed to be a hard game seeing as it borrows elements from Rougelikes.

In my opinion it's not hard enough, fact is it's very easy to survive in this game, tons of food and aside from OP jumping spiders nothing can really touch you.

Actually dying by accident is quite common, and it's a LEARNING process you should and will need to go through.

You wandered into a swamp biome, my friend. The the most dangerous place to be on the entire map. As for the tentacles, they don't move nor do they respawn. I suspect it was just terrible luck that you wandered into a giant clump of them and got whacked that made them appear to be chasing you. Normally tentacles aren't too hard to dodge.

I know the feels! Trust me, I learned the hard way many times. Log Suit is a must in swamps, and in any fight honestly. If you think you're in the threat of taking damage, then wear the Log Suit!

Not sure which death is was for me.. 10 or so.. But yeah, going into weird biome, "Huh, thorny stuff, this looks different. Is that a purple tentacle! I love Maniac Mansion!" *Wham*

I know the feels! Trust me, I learned the hard way many times. Log Suit is a must in swamps, and in any fight honestly. If you think you're in the threat of taking damage, then wear the Log Suit!

Not sure which death is was for me.. 10 or so.. But yeah, going into weird biome, "Huh, thorny stuff, this looks different. Is that a purple tentacle! I love Maniac Mansion!" *Wham*

Maniac Mansion was a fun game, though I liked Day of the Tentacle more.

On a related note, I too know the feels. I settled next to a pig village thinking I would be rather safe, a few nights later, what I guessed were were-pigs came and attacked me! Of course I died, but that's what happens when you try to use a shovel for a weapon.