Sabeku's Lair of Art

Hello everyone! I've been lurking on these forums for well over a year now and decided its about time I make an art thread.

A little info about me:
I'm an animation student and I love to draw, watch anime, and play video games.
I draw in Paint Tool Sai and Adobe Flash (my vector work is all made in flash), but I know a lot of other programs as well.
Don't Starve was the first game I've played by Klei Entertainment because the style and animation was so appealing, as well as the game play.
In fact, it was so interesting to me that I created several characters based around Don't Starve's lore.

I've interacted a lot in the past with the fandom on Tumblr. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if anyone recognized me (hello again!). It's about time I transfer my stuff to the forums.

Edits:
Future edits will be posted here!

Anyway, onto the arts! (With captions below the images.)

tumblr_mt1dsnAqhv1qhi8nro1_1280.png

My first ever fanart of Don't Starve. Wilson is my most played character.

tumblr_n08i3fZ8Rx1siadaso1_1280.png

As mentioned, I made original characters from the concept of Don't Starve.
From left to right, Aaron, Maverick, and Henry.

XuzEjLB.png

This was one of the concepts for The Shadow Knight, a character I made for the Hero in the Dark mod.
The actual character looks a little different from this. Go check it out!

b811240be804a5c83d2c019c0788ee19.png

This was a quick lip sync test I made a while ago with Wilson. It autoplays with sound, so be warned.

tumblr_mtcd9fvyD61siadaso1_1280.gif

One of the first pictures of my character Maverick in the Don't Starve wold.

a98c36959b3dba2c0d21f8641173cd7f.png

Speaking of WX and Maverick, with guest appearance of Maxwell.

tumblr_inline_mtn7o5mCXw1s9mzei.jpg59ef9fe7b1d5d181f68b5106090357a5.png

A very old picture of when a Wilson gave Maverick checkered flooring. Also, an older test of the Shadow Knight.
It looks different in the actual mod.

RLida66.png

Last is my most recently picture related to Don't Starve; my original character named Lure.
He's a Lureplant-Human hybrid that's
currently in the process of becoming a mod!

(If any of the images don't load in this thread, send me a message and I'll fix it ASAP!)

Edited by Sabeku
  • Like 5

Now that all the fancy stuff is posted above, here are doodles and other drawings I have that are more based around my original characters (but still being Don't Starve related.

tumblr_mt8a1uO6J51qhi8nro1_1280.jpg

This is a really old picture of someone's Wilson from the old RP days in the forums.

tumblr_inline_myau6lknwS1s9mzei.jpg

Deerclopse and Maverck.

tumblr_inline_n03i3uJdr41s9mzei.jpg

This was a silly doodle / interaction with one of my favorite WX players. Maverick and WX, fighting over the throne.

tumblr_mt89wqkKzl1qhi8nro2_1280.png

Again, from the RP forums. This is Charlie (Grue) before there were and known pictures / media of the human Charlie.

tumblr_mufm46zite1siadaso1_1280.jpg

Very old concepts of Aaron, Maverick, and a demon character that I ultimately used to work with the Shadow Knight.

tumblr_mxikxsM8Uq1siadaso1_r1_400.pngtumblr_inline_mwh0z3iCvS1s9mzei.gif

If you couldn't tell, Maverick was my favorite character. He went through a lot of development, and silliness.

muk9Vr6.png

Then there was that awkward moment Wilson became some weird sort of anime boy...

tumblr_inline_myiw0sfAYu1s9mzei.jpgtumblr_inline_mwcc9qefdt1s9mzei.gif

Then there was this big fiasco with adorable bunnies. Maverick interacted with a lot of other Don't Starve related characters. It was a lot of fun.

Edited by Sabeku
  • Like 3