[General] - Server warnings for friends

Dini

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Issue Title: Server warnings for friends

Issue Description: This is getting quite ridiculous at the moment. We don't have that many mods enabled and no matter what after 1-3 mins playing in the server, friends will get a warning and are forced to leave. We were playing for numerous hours with mods on yesterday and not a single issue was happening till today.

Steps to Reproduce: Everything. I disabled all outdated mods and it still constantly gives the error to friends, and yes they have the same exact mods enabled (they also tried with not enabled). I can play in my own server perfectly fine, it's just friends having the issue.

@Dini, That's still a lot of mods. Any mod that adds custom actions could be causing this error. I know people were having problems with the AK-47 mod, and I don't know if it ever got fixed. It's possible you're stuck in this state now because someone made an AK-47, and before that it wasn't trying (improperly) to collect the possible actions.

@Dini, That's still a lot of mods. Any mod that adds custom actions could be causing this error. I know people were having problems with the AK-47 mod, and I don't know if it ever got fixed. It's possible you're stuck in this state now because someone made an AK-47, and before that it wasn't trying (improperly) to collect the possible actions.

None of us actually knew how to make one, when we disabled they still get error.

@Dini, This is line 755 of componentactions.lua:

t = MOD_COMPONENT_ACTIONS[modname][type]

So it's definitely related to mods, but I suppose it's possible it could persist if mods were used on the server before. Since it says "attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)", here that must mean that MOD_COMPONENT_ACTIONS[modname] is nil. From looking at the rest of componentactions.lua, I don't think this should be happening, unless a mod is calling the GLOBAL.AddComponentAction and providing an improper modname instead of the proper mod environment's AddComponentAction...

@PeterA might know more.

Archived