changing characters?

I'm going to do a DST testing marathon soon(to be exact, once I stop forcing myself to play everything I bought at the steam sale), and I would like to know if there's any way to change characters mid-game using the console. Also, if there's any way to change the game mode would also help.

@RalphKastro

DeleteUserSession(ThePlayer) ThePlayer:Remove() 

You will still have to restart your server, though, and it will delete any items you had on you and send you back to the spawn.

As for changing the game mode... it might be possible, but it's probably not a good idea.

Well, if you play on the Wilderness game mode, it will take you back to the character select screen whenever you die, then spawn you somewhere else. Not exactly a console command, but why force the game to do it your way when it already has its own way to do what you want?

And like Rezecib said, even if you could change game modes mid-game, it would probably be a bad idea. If you did manage to do it, I wouldn't be surprised if the game started behaving strangely or simply stopped working.

Archived