Map Data Sharing

I was thinking that it'd be beneficial for players to be able to trade map data that they have accumulated to other players. I was thinking that you could use some form of item (ex: A map of some sort) to accomplish this. Thought it would be pretty cool :grin:

This would be fantastic! I always play with my friends while talking through Skype and I like to choose Wickerbottom, so my priority towards the beginning is building a sustainable farm/base while my friends do most of the far off adventuring. Sharing map data when they come back to base from time to time would be perfect in helping us work together even more  :wickerbottomthanks:

I would like to see a shared map be difficult to craft rather than an item that could be made in a pinch to share with others. It would be best if it required an item that was singular per world like the eye bone (maybe a mysterious scroll or something similar). There could be another craftable item to help find the special item so it wasn't completely up to chance. That item would start a search similar to the koalefant tracks that would eventually lead the player to the scroll or whatever it may be. Would like to find out what others think.

This would be fantastic! I always play with my friends while talking through Skype and I like to choose Wickerbottom, so my priority towards the beginning is building a sustainable farm/base while my friends do most of the far off adventuring.

Perfect for the "Librarian"

Wilson: Madam Wickerbottom, I have charted the rocky areas to the west and have come bearing rock samples from that area.

Wendy: Abigail and I have discovered a vast forest of Spiders far to the south... We have gathered silk for our use... Here are the charts.

Wickerbottom: Excellent, I shall integrate them to the Atlas (I hope this is what they'll call it).

Archived